April 19, 2012 in Announcements (F)
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - Lifelounge Group announces Everguide, the Australian digital events guide, has been selected as an Official Honouree of the 16th Annual Webby Awards in the Guides/Ratings/Reviews category for Mobile and Apps.
Everguide is the only Australian made and operated app to have received honouree status in this category and sits alongside the prestigious company of the New York Times Scoop app, Entertainment Weekly's Must See List and Urbanspoon.
The Webby Awards is the leading international award honouring excellence on the Internet. The Mobile & Apps category recognises foresight and ingenuity to excel within a quickly changing and increasingly fragmented mobile web universe.
Of the over 8,000 entries received from across all 50 US states and over 60 countries, the Official Honouree distinction is awarded to the top 15% of all work entered that exhibits remarkable achievement.
"Being recognised by the Webby Awards is an acknowledgement of how much Everguide has grown since our launch last year and a confirmation that we've built an app that is useful, appealing and fully embraces the unique technology of mobile devices," said Dion Appel, CEO of Everguide. "The award drives the message home that Everguide is the ultimate guide to what's on in your city."
"Mobile development is moving at a rapid pace, and we're excited that we've built a platform in Everguide that has been recognized to be leading the charge not only in Australia, but internationally," remarked Appel.
No matter where you are Everguide will help cut through the noise to quickly find what's on in your city, or the city you're visiting. The clever app lets you find events of all shapes and sizes - everything from comedy, to cooking classes, the theatre and music gigs - and then let's you plan, personalise and share your plans - all with the stroke of a few buttons.
Everguide functionality and features:
* Search more listings than ever before: Over 40,000 current and future event listings nationally across a wide range of genres;
* Greater personalisation: Nominate your favourite artists, venues and genres and Everguide will keep you up to date with tailored alerts, so you'll never miss a beat;
* Enhanced Members' Lounge: Now available via the app so users can enter exclusive competitions and get daily deals, music downloads and ticket offers on the fly;
* Deep linking (NEW): Point to a specific event, article or microsite and notify your friends via SMS;
* Predictive search functionality (NEW): With only a few characters entered, Everguide presents you with the most relevant content across events, news, reviews and galleries.
* iOS 3.0 or later
* iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* 10.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Everguide 3.2.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category.
Established in 1999, Lifelounge Group is a digital media and entertainment company who are committed to providing awesome content and experiences to our community. With over 1 million young adults visiting our sites each month the Lifelounge Media Network is one of Australia's largest aggregators of 18-35 year old. Other Lifelounge networks include Lifelounge.com.au, TheVine.com.au (owned in JV with Fairfax) known as the country's number one youth and entertainment website, PopMag.com.au and the Prote.in network. Copyright (C) 2011 Lifelounge Group. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.