Fremont, CA Apr 23, 2012 in OS X Development
California based .com Solutions Inc. has announced that FileMaker Pro developers can use FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 6.68 for Microsoft VB6 to LiveCode conversions, in order to build multi-platform desktop and mobile applications. Additionally, the PHP Conversion feature now includes support for converting FileMaker Pro portal objects into Ext JS 4 grid objects. The Ext JS grid provides a rich, modern UI widget supporting all major web browsers.
[prMac.com] Fremont, California - .com Solutions Inc. has announced that FileMaker Pro developers can use FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 6.68 for Microsoft VB6 to LiveCode conversions, in order to build multi-platform desktop and mobile applications. Additionally, the PHP Conversion feature now includes support for converting FileMaker Pro portal objects into Ext JS 4 grid objects.
Microsoft VB6 developers looking to switch to the LiveCode cross platform development environment can now use FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition. This new feature automates the conversion of VB6 form files and Visual Basic code into LiveCode stack files. VB6 form object scripts are converted and added to card objects.
FileMaker Pro developers who need to perform PHP conversion projects can now take advantage of the new Ext JS 4 grid object support included with FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition. The Ext JS grid provides a rich, modern UI widget supporting all major web browsers. Most importantly, the Ext JS grid supports all database servers supported by CakePHP, because the data is read from the CakePHP models. Grids displayed on edit forms provide record editing capabilities, including record insert, update and delete features. Grids displayed on view and edit forms provide sorting and hiding of columns. Additional enhancements and bug fixes with this release include:
PHP Conversion Changes:
* Improved conversion of portal fields to jqGrid or Ext JS grid objects, to prevent fields from being skipped during conversion
* Fixed an issue with container fields being converted as TextArea fields in some situations
* Improved the URL parsing of the primary key within jqGrid PHP files
Access to FileMaker Pro Conversion Changes:
* Improved error handling for Access database tables containing high ASCII characters along with writing a report file of the offending table names into the Missing_Table_Columns_List.txt file
* Removed the ampersand shortcut key character from text labels
* Added linking of acCommandButton objects to converted FileMaker Pro scripts. This feature uses AccessDDRExport 2.6 (included with FmPro Migrator)
* Holding down the shift key during the Drag & Drop of the Access database file will convert all Access Date/Time fields into Date fields in the new FileMaker database. Sometimes the timestamp info is not even required and a date field is the most appropriate data type
* Fixed an issue which prevented processing Access database table names containing a single quote character
* Fixed an issue during batch importing of layouts within groups from FileMaker Pro Advanced DDR XML files
* Added setting of rolloverCursor property for Servoy button, line and graphic image objects if they are assigned to a script on the FileMaker layout
* Improved the compatibility of pasting scripts into FileMaker 11 database files
* Added a button to copy selected scripts onto the clipboard
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition is priced at ($600) per developer and includes a copy of FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for both MacOS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. Existing FmPro Migrator Developer Edition customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for $400.
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2012 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.