May 1, 2012 in Utilities (F)
[prMac.com] Brighton, United Kingdom - UK developers Icon Consulting are pleased to announce the release of version 1.1 of their iPad calculator app Summz. With a focus on stylish and elegant design with just the essential features for performing basic everyday calculations, Summz provides the simple calculator missing from the iPad.
The graphic user interface components of Summz are all achieved using iOS drawing frameworks. The rational is to provide a high quality and intuitive interface rendered in code rather than using imported graphics, meaning very little space is taken up by the application (even on the new iPad retina display). As a result, Summz downloads and launches quickly and is very responsive in use.
The familiar button driven interface is augmented by the adoption gesture support on the display and memory recall/erase button.
All in, a must have for iPad style fans.
What's new in this release:
* Application icons and app store graphics upgraded for the iPad retina display
* Some minor graphics tweaks
* Smart clear button that changes behaviour between clear and clear entry
* Basic arithmetic functions ( + - x +)
* Percentage calculations (%)
* Positive and negative numbers
* Memory addition (M+) and subtraction (M-)
* Dual function memory recall and clear (MRC)
* Correct long number entry errors with swipes to the left on the number display
* Copy number display value
* Visually 'tactile' buttons
* Large number display
* iOS 4.2 or greater
* iPad - all versions
Icon Consulting (UK) Ltd is an independent software design consultancy based in the South East of the United Kingdom, actively developing applications for iOS platforms. Copyright (C) 2012 Icon Consulting. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.