January 30, 2009 in Disk Cataloging (E)
[prMac.com] Almere, Netherlands - Obvious Matter today has announced DiskLibrary 1.9, their fun and easy to use disk cataloging application for Mac OS X. DiskLibrary is indispensable if you have a lot of media to keep track of. DiskLibrary catalogs not just your complete file structure, it also creates thumbnails, and stores metadata, for most popular media formats.
Where most cataloging applications stop DiskLibrary continues. Create beautiful thumbnails for your media files. Most popular image and movie formats are supported including leading RAW, EPS, HTML, Flash, and Photoshop formats. DiskLibrary also catalogs the album art stored inside your MP3 or AAC files. View the title page of your PDF files as a thumbnail. Indexing within archives (ZIP, RAR) is also supported.
DiskLibrary is capable of importing export formats from CDFinder, FileFinder, Disk Catalog Maker X, WhereIsIt and DiskTracker.
* Improved startup and search performance
* Quick Look support for files on mounted volumes (Mac OS X 10.5 only)
* Catalogs can now also be deleted with the forward-delete key.
* Made Smart catalog/find panel more keyboard friendly
* Improved WhereIsIt import
* Migrated thumbnail files to new locations (subfolders)
* Added catalog column to file list view
* Fixed bug with smart catalogs in 10.5.6
* Rewritten FileFinder import
* Fixed Issues with DiskCatalogMaker X import
* Fixed other minor issues.
* Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
DiskLibrary 1.9 is available to order for $39 (USD). The DiskLibrary demo version is available as a free download from the Obvious Matter website.
Obvious Matter is a Dutch software company, founded by Diederik Hoogenboom in 2005, and is located in Almere on the largest man-made island of The Netherlands; the country that is famous for its windmills, tulips, cheese and great Mac software. The company is solely dedicated to writing great Mac software that's fun to use.