February 1, 2009 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Choosing a hosting company for your data is one of the most important decisions any company will make. For a company, your company, your data means far more than random names and numbers, it translates to years of hard work, financial and emotional sacrifice, lost weekends and time away from one's family.
Your data is after all, the largest investment you've ever made; it's everything that makes your business run and protecting that investment is paramount. That's why when you're researching a hosting company for the first time or seeking to replace your existing hosting company, reading endless specs of server equipment and backup routines is only part of overall equation. Blending top-of-the-line equipment with proactive procedures, state of the art alerting tools, and stellar customer care is what any hosting company should highlight and more importantly, deliver.
At the end of the day, the hosting company you choose should care as much about maintaining your investment as you do, and The Drooling Dog does just that!
As a database hosting provider, The Drooling Dog may be the new kid on the block, but we've learned over the years what it takes to be more than a good provider, but an excellent one. We believe in treating our clients and their data as we do our own. We absolutely strive to grow our customer base, but more importantly we seek to keep our existing clientele - with over 99% customer retention since our inception in 2005, we believe our customers' satisfaction speaks volumes.
We believe being proactive with our clients is one of our keys to success - alerting our clients by phone, email, text and/or Twitter of potential issues before they occur and ensuring they are aware of upgrades, maintenance, etc, before it happens is part of our day to day business practices. After all, our company was started because we knew we could take database hosting and the service of hosting to the next level, and we believe we have. Our equipment, our processes, our price, our response time, is second to none.
We ask that before you make any decision regarding your database hosting provider, to learn more about The Drooling Dog. Once you learn more about us, we believe you'll come to understand why our clients remain our clients year after year!
* Competitive Pricing beginning at $9.99/mo* with 30 days of off-site backup free.
* Live help available through phone, IM, email or text.
* Real-time status updates available via Twitter.
* Average response time within 20 mins with NO issue to-date remaining unresolved for more than 4hrs.
* Utilize only server-grade equipment.
* Dedicated Servers are strong multi-processor servers running Windows 2003 Server.
* Virtual Servers run on a redundant cloud with redundant storage, also running Windows 2003 Server.
* Local backups are run 3x daily, 7 days a week.
* Offsite backups are run nightly to a redundant storage facility (full web access to download backups).
* All users have access up to 30 days** worth of backups through online control panel where users have ability to upload, download and institute ad-hoc backups, start-stop databases, view and/or disconnect users from Db.
* All servers are spread across multiple locations - if catastrophic failure occurs ALL data is rolled to a secondary location.
* Server redeployment in as little as 20 minutes.
* 99.97% up-time (to-date).
To learn more about The Drooling Dog, its equipment and hosting plans, please visit us on the web. * Requires active FMPug membership to receive discounted rate. ** Additional subscription maybe required.
The Drooling Dog was founded in 2005, based on the idea that we can bring new fresh ideas, technology and a unique style to the world of FileMaker hosting and web development. Now on the fast track to becoming one of the premier FileMaker hosts in the USA, our mission seems to be a success. Our philosophy is to provide more service and functionality for less cost to you. The Drooling Dogs distributed network was set into place to ensure redundancy, availability and security. FileMaker, the FileMaker logo, and FileMaker Pro are registered trademarks of FileMaker Inc.