Abaltat Muse 2.0 Wins DV Award of Excellence
February 3, 2009 in Music and Recording
[prMac.com] Galway, Ireland - Abaltat (TM), developer of innovative music generation tools, today announced that the Muse 2.0 music composer for video tools has won the coveted DV Award of Excellence. Ideal for users of Apple iMovie(R), Final Cut@ Express and Final Cut Pro(R), Muse 2.0 is making its mark in both consumer and professional markets as the go to tool for soundtrack creation. In the January 2009 DV publication, reviewer JR Bookwalter gave the new release a glowing review saying that "(Muse) pulls a giant rabbit out of your magic hat by allowing content creators to sketch out musical ideas or even produce finished, customized scores with a few clicks." This is the first technology award for the recently released Muse 2.0 software.
"DV Magazine is a well respected organization and to receive this award is such a great thrill for the entire team," said Siun Ni Raghallaigh, Co-Founder and CEO, Abaltat. "We also have to thank our users who give us tremendous feedback on how to make the Muse software better and better. Their input has been simply fantastic and this award is an affirmation that we have something very special."
Abaltat Muse 2.0 enables anyone, regardless of musical ability; to compose royalty-free, multi-part soundtracks that are perfectly timed and aligned to the users' edited video. Bookwalter takes note of this in his analysis of the software "the real wonder of Muse is that it can read your movie and translate it into anything resembling real music to begin with and that no two queues will ever be the same."
Highlights of the Muse 2.0 product include:
* Extensive Musical Range - Seven bands offering thousands of soundtrack style possibilities - from classical to hip-hop to dance to modern 21st century composition. Each band comes complete with Muse Presets that help users acheive immediate and professional results.
* User Friendly Audio Editing Capabilities - Muse advanced editing modes enables users to customize each Muse Preset to fit the mood of the video or build their own soundtrack from scratch. Users can arrange soundtracks using familiar video editing concepts and controls such as keyframes and key commands common to many NLE's.
* Seamless Integration with Popular Video Applications - Muse 2.0 works with the world's leading editing applications including: Apple iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and Final Cut Express, Avid editing applications, Adobe Premiere Pro, Media 100.
* Support for Professional Audio Workstations and formats - Exports general MIDI files that can be imported into; Digidesign Pro Tools and Pro Tools LE, Apple Logic Studio, Logic Express and GarageBand, MOTU Digital Performer and more.
* Outputs audio in pro audio standards: .aiff, .wav or as MIDI
* Outputs combined or individual tracks
* Preset Sounds for Fast Soundtrack Creation - Ships with nearly 2GB of customized, broadcast quality musical instruments and sounds.
* Abaltat Muse Free Limited Version - Muse 2.0 composition engine and streamlined interface with a more limited set of functionality.
Muse 2.0 Pricing and Availability
Muse 2.0 is available to purchase today via the Abaltat web site at a 50% discount price of $149 (USD). A 7-day trial version of Muse 2.0 is available on the Abaltat web site.
Abaltat was founded to create radical 21st century computer applications for the audiovisual industry. Using a combination of highly experienced television editors, first rate musicianship and the most imaginative programmers in Ireland, Abaltat has created a unique software product for video and film editors: the world's first video-driven soundtrack composer.