OfficeTime Releases Retina-Optimized Version of Time Tracking iPad App
May 10, 2012 in Productivity
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - OfficeTime Software has released a new version of its time and expense tracking app for iPad and iPhone. The new version leverages the beautiful high-resolution Retina display of the new iPad to enable users to get a crystal clear view of how much time they are spending on various projects throughout their day. OfficeTime now makes it even easier to export time and expense data by email to Excel and Numbers, greatly simplifying the process of submitting time and billing reports.
To celebrate the launch of the Retina-optimized version of OfficeTime, the company will award a new iPad 3 to one lucky winner. Anyone who helps spread the word about the new version of OfficeTime, via Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc., will be automatically entered into the contest.
OfficeTime, designed to balance features and ease-of-use, enables users to easily track exactly what they do each day and how much they spend on each project, client and task. The company is so confident in OfficeTime's ability to produce a tangible return-on-investment that it offers a full money-back guarantee if the app doesn't pay for itself by registering more time than the user otherwise would have logged and invoiced.
Ideal for anyone who bills by the hour, OfficeTime makes recording and tracking time and expenses simple with a clean, elegant interface. The iPhone and iPad versions focus on ease-of-use, recognizing that if time tracking is simple, users will be more likely to do it. OfficeTime takes great care to minimize how many finger taps it takes to do something. For example, it can preselect the most common task for a project, allow one tap entry of common notes, and let users edit anything they can see, even in a report, with a tap.
The iOS version of OfficeTime offers most of the features available in the desktop versions, including:
* One-touch Reports - With a simple tap, users get instant access to information on time and expenses for each project, and compare the activities of the current month to previous ones
* Tools for freelancers and contract employees - freelancers can quickly track their billable hours and spot-check to see how they stack-up against a fixed cost estimate, and employees can easily track and report their productivity
* Team Reporting - Employees' recorded time and expenses can be synced from their iPhones or iPads to their Macs or PCs and then be combined with the entire team's data to produce cross-team reports on who did what and which projects are under - or over - budget
* Wireless Sync - Time and expenses can be entered in the desktop or mobile version, and OfficeTime will automatically synchronize the data
* Export to Excel or Numbers - Any report, any screen can be easily exported by e-mail
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 8.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
OfficeTime 1.3 for iPhone and iPad is available in the App Store for $7.99 (USD), while the PC and Mac versions can be purchased at OfficeTime Software for $47 (USD). Unlike web-based time-tracking applications, OfficeTime does not require a monthly subscription fee.
OfficeTime was established in 2003 as a spin-off from Transcena Design of Edmonton, Canada. OfficeTime was developed in response to Transcena's urgent need for an easy-to-use, effective, time-tracking application. Designed and continually improved by the same developers who were relying on it every day, OfficeTime was an immediate success when released to the public. Ideal for anyone who bills by the hour, OfficeTime makes recording and tracking time and expenses simple with a clean, elegant interface. The iPhone and iPad versions focus on ease-of-use, recognizing that if time tracking is simple to do, users will be more likely to take the time to do it. Copyright (C) 2012 OfficeTime. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.