May 17, 2012 in Disk Cataloging (F)
[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany - Langenhahn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner has released NeoFinder 6.0.1, a bug-fix update to NeoFinder (formerly known as CDFinder), that also adds new features. NeoFinder makes it easier than ever to keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, on hard disks, CDROMs, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, server disks, and any other digital media.
Features in NeoFinder 6.0.1 include:
*Two new columns for catalogs in list view: Number of items inside the catalog, and free space on disk
*The "Copy, Paste, Clear" commands for catalog icons are back in the Inspector!
*The Inspector now shows all catalog related data
*New command-L hot key to open or close the LIBRARY section
*The Icon of a catalog now appears next to the name in the Inspector, looks better
*Searching for duration now has a unit menu for seconds and minutes
*Searching for fonts now uses file name suffixes, not the old FileType codes anymore
*NeoFinder now displays the path of Spotlight results in the navigation bar
*You can now import NeoFinder and CDFinder catalog files by just dropping them into LIBRARY
*The Cataloging Settings window now also has an "Eject afterwards" option
*Fixed several possible crashes during cataloging certain kinds of files
*Updating an offline catalog now asks you to mount the volume
*Fixed an error -47 when deleting catalog folders on certain kinds of file servers
*Fixed several problems in the DiskCatalogMaker Importer
*Cataloging contents of HTML files is now much faster than before
*Searching for duration is now more reliable
*The "Play Sound" and "Use PathFinder" options now work properly
*Date conversion in the WhereIsIt XML importer works better now
*Inspector now immediately updates the label menu when you change the name of labels
*Improved cataloging of ZIP archives with Unicode file names inside
*The Canto Cumulus Importer now warns you that it needs the UTF8 CRE file format
*AutoUpdater displayed wrong error message. It requires a Business License
*Fixed several minor bugs, and improved visual design in some places
Features of NeoFinder 6.0:
* Everything in one window, but you can of course view catalogs, folders, or albums in separate windows for much better workflow as well
* New Column mode, to complete Icon and List mode
* Fully integrated Inspector
* Fully integrated map with GeoFinder
* New Wikipedia Inspector for items with GPS geotags
* Super-fast multi-core Find engine
* Smart Folders
* New powerful Find Editor has more options
* Albums, to keep interesting items together
* Better Browser-like navigation
* Massively improved Audio-CD cataloging: Reads ISRC, MCN, and CD-TEXT from the disk, uses MusicBrainz for track titles
* New Importers for Canto Cumulus and MediaDex CRE files, for WhereIsIt for Windows XML files, DiskCatalogMaker Export files, and Tolis BRU Tape Backup report files
* Importer for iView MediaPro and Expression Media XML files now integrated
* NeoFinder now catalogs, displays, and searches OpenMeta keywords!
* AutoUpdater: Update your catalogs with a time schedule (requires business License)
* Faster cataloging of photos
Metadata - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP. All these are clearly arranged in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed.
Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 54,000 customers in 92 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Universal Binary (PowerPC and Intel Macs)
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, or 10.7 Lion
* Previous CDFinder versions for older Mac OS operating systems are also available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 6 is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder 6.0.1 is a free update to all NeoFinder customers.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2012 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.