May 25, 2012 in Lifestyle (F)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Artfinder is pleased to announce Artfinder - Art and Exhibitions at Your Fingertips 3.0 free for iOS, its new iPhone app, which helps users find galleries and exhibitions near them, see rich visual previews, and ultimately decide with ease, what to see. This international app moves beyond traditional listings, incorporating the visually engaging, personalised and social features of Artfinder online, the museum and artwork collections interactive website, so that you can take your online experience with you on the go.
* Browse exhibitions in your city: See rich visual previews, buy tickets and get visitor information, and tell us youre interested to save it to your profile for future reference.
* Use the map: See galleries and museums around you, find out whats on and explore highlights from their permanent collections and exhibitions.
* Snap some art: Take a photo of a painting in a gallery and our Art Robot will match it to our database using image recognition technology. Find out more about the painting and artist, and share it via Facebook, Twitter or email.
* Save your art: Keep track of your own personal art world. All the exhibitions and galleries youre interested in and the artworks youve snapped are saved in one place.
This app puts smaller galleries on the map, allowing people to discover the fantastic permanent collections and exhibitions of galleries they may have otherwise never heard of. Artfinder has thorough coverage of London, New York, Chicago, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles, with many more cities lined-up.
"For a small museum like the Foundling, with limited marketing resources, Artfinders app and site are invaluable," says Caro Howell, Director of the Foundling Museum. "Artfinder provides people with an easy way to discover us and our exhibitions, and enables the Foundling Museum to have a presence alongside major national museums."
"Artfinder is a fantastic tool that allows you to find paintings in places you never knew existed - and for Dulwich Picture Gallery that is exactly what we need," says Xavier Bray, chief curator at Dulwich Picture Gallery. "Although we are one of the oldest pictures galleries in the world (founded in 1811) and have an amazing collection of Rembrandts, Rubens, Murillos and Poussins - very few people know that - but you will find us through Artfinder!"
* Integrated with Artfinder online: access your exhibitions in both places
* Sign in with Facebook and the art you snap is shared on your Facebook Timeline
* Receive email reminders when exhibitions youre interested in are about to open or close
* The side menu allows you to easily navigate your way around the app
* Animated exhibition displays pop up when clicked on
* American English and French
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 4.3 or later
* 3.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Artfinder - Art and Exhibitions at Your Fingertips 3.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category.
Artfinder connects you with art and exhibitions, allowing you to build your own art world and discover new art every day. At artfinder.com browse hundreds of thousands of works, build and share collections of your favourite art, follow your friends to see the art they love, and sign up to our Art of the Day email. Also explore our city pages to find exhibitions, see artwork previews, and get reminders when shows are about to open or close. Artfinder: welcome to your art world. Copyright (C) 2012 Art Discovery Limited. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.