Tension Software releases DB-Text 1.1.1
May 26, 2012 in Software
[prMac.com] Milano, Italy - Tension Software releases DB-Text 1.1.1 for Mac. DB-Text for OS X imports and manages text data file. The text data format is the preferred format by all to distribute data (by rows and columns) without any compatibility problem. It is widely accepted by any software on any platform to import and export data. Users usually manage these files using text editors.
DB-Text is able to import, edit and manage the text data format in a more practical way then text editors. DB-Text can import data both in CSV (comma separated value) text format or in TSV (tab separated value) text format coming from Windows, Unix and OS X. Data can be manipulated and exported as text (as they were imported) or saved inside a native DB-Text document
DB-Text is a must have for any user that manipulates text files with data organized by in rows and columns. It allows to save a lot of time doing in a proper way text data manipulation with a tool designed for the purpose.
* Import dialog that let you select for any column (field) where to import
* Popup inside the import dialog to specify field destinations
* Data browsing before import inside the import dialog
* Optional 'Use first row as header'
* Fast opening creating a new column table for any text column in the file
* Manipulation of data easy and intuitive
* Edit in place for any data
* Sort and filter with a click inside the document
* Copy of CSV (comma separated) or TSV (tab separated) data of selected rows in the clipboard
* Assign at any time the content of a row as column header
* Saves also in native format
* Document based for a better data management
* Add delete columns and rows at any time with a click
* Edit column accessory view to see how your data are organized (useful if you have a lot of columns data)
* Import more then one time inside a document with a great Mac interface to specify where to add data in a pre-existing table
DB-Text is fully Mac OS X 10.7 Lion ready with:
Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Full screen.
New in this release:
* Fix of a bug importing non ascii decoded files
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 4.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DB-Text 1.1.1 is $6.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Tension Software started in 1997 developing Mac software for Mac OS Classic. Now Tension Software still develops Mac software for Mac OS X using the last Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All the current Mac production is made by Universal Applications native on both PPC Mac and Intel Mac. Other brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.