Syntax: The future of match-3
June 2, 2012 in Games
[prMac.com] Nashville, Tennessee - Match-3 games have been around for a while, and for good reason. They're quite popular.
Curious Idea, a brand new indie mobile game company out of Nashville, TN, is excited to announce that their debut game, "Syntax!", has gone free for a limited time.
"Syntax!" is the newest and most exciting match-3 puzzle game to hit the iPhone. And while you may think that you have had your fill of all things match-3, be assured, this is not your ordinary match-3 game. With constant action-surprises, stunning graphics, and unique power-ups and matching moves, thousands of match-3 fans have already discovered a new favorite.
"Syntax!" is match-3 re-imagined. iPhone gamers who are big fans of puzzle and strategy games will really appreciate the extra challenging situations encountered in tricky, shape-shifting symbols, surprising hidden symbols, and the ultra-hard to eliminate corrupted symbol.
Counter these tricky challenges with power-filled surprises like the Wildcard symbol (can change it into any other symbol at will), the Super Symbol (one of the only 2 ways to eliminate the corrupted symbol), and a killer seven song soundtrack of original music, and it's as if you're playing on a match-3 battlefield!
In fact, one of the best features of "Syntax!" is it's "Engage" mode, a split-screen multiplayer mode via Apple Game Center, that allows you to face off against an opponent, all while watching their moves in real time.
The developers of "Syntax!" have successfully combined the match-3 concept with the look, feel, and action of "Tron." Puzzle games will never be the same.
Curious Idea's "Syntax!" is a testament to the future of small business, and the empowerment of the modern entrepreneur. With over a billion smartphones in the marketplace today, the mobile industry is one that is growing at an astonishing rate. With a laptop, iPhone, and an internet connection it's possible to go from idea to App Store in a matter of months, climbing the charts to success. This unique time of unprecedented innovation has lowered the barrier to entry in the mobile marketplace, empowering every visionary to leverage tomorrow's technology, and launch a profoundly sophisticated business, literally in the palm of their hand.
4 Modes Of Game Play:
* Primary - The most popular style. Match three symbols of a kind to eliminate them and score enough points to advance to the next level. Make sure you use a strategy, though, so you don't run out of moves!
* Action - Race against the clock to score enough points and advance to the next level. You've got 90 seconds!
* Infinity - Play for as long as you like. There's no clock, and no end to the moves you can make. But nothing comes without a price; non-matching moves will cost you some points!
* Engage - Invite your friends to a challenge with the multiplayer Engage mode via Game Center. It does not get any more exciting than real-time split screen game play. Now there's more than one game that gets you in on the split screen action!
The more points you score, the more Bytes you collect. Use Bytes to obtain Power Ups! and blaze through any tricky challenge.
Use Bytes to obtain unique Power Ups! which allow you to blaze through any tricky challenge, and advance to the next level at a lightning pace!
More Cool Features:
* Stunning graphics produce a world that's interesting, intriguing, and extremely exciting
* 7 original songs give you lots of new music to keep the gameplay fast-paced, and exciting
* A prompt system to provide you with hints when you're stuck
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time, Syntax! 1.0 is Free exclusively through the App Store, and can be found worldwide in the games category.
Curious Idea is a brand new indie mobile game company out of Nashvile, TN. Curious Idea is a one-man operation started by Jon Stinson, a record producer and recording engineer with a passion for digital media and marketing. Copyright (C) 2012 Curious Idea. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.