SpellShooter: A fun new word game for iPhone - Shoot Spell Clear Win
June 4, 2012 in Games
[prMac.com] Santa Clara, CA - Independent developer, David Schachner is pleased to announce that SpellShooter for iOS is now on sale in the iTunes App Store. SpellShooter is a new fun twist on the classic word game. Strategically shoot up your letter tiles to spell the highest scoring words you can think up! Try to spell as many words as you can without running out of room or time.
SpellShooter is a word game everyone can enjoy. Shoot up letters one tile at a time. Once up, the goal is to spell words with them. Tiles will stick to the top wall or to tiles directly above them. You can bounce tiles off the side walls to get to hard to reach spots, so start practicing your aim!
Whatever your skill level, there is a mode to challenge you. Not sure where your skill level falls? Start shooting and find out! Don't have a lot of time or have time to kill?
SpellShooter has three different game modes that allow you to play for quick or extended periods of time:
* TIME IT - In a hurry? Race against the clock to see how many words you can make in 30, 60, or 90 seconds in TIME IT! mode.
* JUST PLAY - Don't like working under pressure? Take your time and see how many words you can create in the wide-open JUST PLAY mode. Don't worry, we've thrown in some tricks just to keep it interesting...
* CLEAR 'EM - Are you a word master looking for a challenge? Test your skills in CLEAR 'EM mode where we have already generously provided you with some tiles! To win, you must clear all the tiles. The fewer words it takes to clear the board, the higher your score will be!
Here are some of SpellShooter's other great features:
* Multiple difficulty features that kick in the longer you play such as increasing word length, block tiles, and a moving "foul line"
* Game Center enabled
* Five different Game Center Leaderboards to climb
* 30 different Game Center Achievements let you work towards goals & see how you compare to your friends
Find out once and for all who amongst your friends is the best wordsmith...
Here's what people are saying:
"I am addicted to this game, it is like scrabble on crack!!! It is very easy to play and you cannot put it down."
"Super fun. Love the different game options."
"Easy to learn, fun to play, and much more exciting than the average word game. Sound effects are cool too. Definitely something I'll play on a daily basis."
"This game is seriously addicting-- next best word game! It's Snood meets Scrabble!"
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation, iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 17.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SpellShooter 1.0.1 is only $0.99 USD and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Word and Puzzle Games Categories. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Santa Clara, California, indie developer David Schachner develops iOS apps. David is a Georgetown Computer Science alum who moved out to California for law school. After graduating and passing the bar, he was unable to find a job with a firm in this down economy and with the legal markets cutting back. He couldn't sit around emailing resumes out all day, so to fill his time, he decided to dive back into programming. SpellShooter is his first iOS game, but since he had such a blast making it, he has a hunch, there will be plenty more to come! Copyright (C) 2012 David Schachner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.