February 20, 2009 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Lebanon, NH - Frontier Design Group has introduced a major update to iShred, the complete electric guitar application for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Building on iShred's already impressive capabilities, AirPlay adds the ability for users to share their musical creations with other iShred users around the world. When they do, those songs are added to the musical cloud, and can be heard by other users who tune in. AirPlay turns the iPhone into a musical venue where a user can be a performer, a member of the audience, or both. AirPlay songs are also compatible with Guitar, Frontier's similar acoustic guitar app.
iPhone's wireless capabilities and location services makes AirPlay especially easy for users. Simply pressing the "Share" button in iShred's Recorder sends a song out into the world. The song's chords, recording, and effects settings are all captured and transmitted, along with the user's location. When listening to other users' songs, animations show where each song was uploaded, taking you to each stop in a virtual journey around the world.
Beyond the social possibilities offered by AirPlay, iShred gives users everything they need to rock out on the iPhone, including:
* a unique, highly playable interface optimized to make the best use of the iPhone's size and multitouch capabilities
* an overdriven amp simulator and eight great virtual stomp-box effects for a wide range of guitar sounds
* touchscreen driven hammer-on's, pull-off's, and pitch bends to provide even greater realism
* over 2000 built-in chords, scales and fret positions
* a built-in recorder for capturing and refining the player's performances
* wireless web backup and retrieval for saving, copying, and backing up songs
In the few weeks that iShred has been available, it has already earned glowing marks from users: "A must for all guitarists," "Fantastic! ... The effects are spot on, sounds superb and looks fantastic," and our favorite, "One word: AMAZING!!!!"
Pricing and Availability:
The application is available now on the iTunes Store for $4.99 (USD).
Frontier Design Group, LLC is an independent audio hardware and software development company dedicated to creating innovative products for musicians. Based in Lebanon, New Hampshire, Frontier has developed solutions for the needs of audio enthusiasts and professionals alike since 1996. Copyright 2009 Frontier Design Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.