Retrologue virtual analog synthesizer out now
July 14, 2012 in Music and Recording
[prMac.com] Hamburg, Germany - Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH released its virtual analog synthesizer, Retrologue. Alongside Steinberg's Padshop Pro granular synthesizer, Retrologue is the second release on this day. First introduced in Cubase 6.5, Retrologue is now available as plug-in compatible with VST 3 and VST 2 hosts as well as AU hosts, such as Apple Logic.
"The response from customers using Retrologue in Cubase 6.5 has been overwhelming. With today's release, users of any DAW supporting the VST or AU format will have access the warmth and sophistication of this timeless sound," commented Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
Features at a glance:
* Classic virtual analog synthesizer with more than 300 high-quality presets dedicated to classic leads and analog synth sounds
* Intuitive user interface for effective usability and direct accessibility
* Two oscillators with up to eight detunable voices each plus a sub and noise oscillator
* 12 different high-quality filter types
* 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes
* 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support for unlimited flexibility
* Mono and Poly Modes with Legato and Glide
* FX Section with high-class modulation and delay effects
* NEW: VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host application support
Retrologue houses two oscillators, each with a maximum of eight widely detunable voices, one sub and one noise oscillator, alongside a dozen high-quality filter types as well as 300 presets. Also on board are two LFOs and two ADSR envelopes. With the ten-stage Modulation Matrix, users can assign modulation sources to vary the targets' values, also supporting modulation assignments from Note Expression, Steinberg's groundbreaking way of editing controller data.
Pricing and Availability:
Retrologue is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for Retrologue is EUR 49.99, including German VAT, and GBP 42.34, including British VAT.
Based in Hamburg, Germany. Steinberg is known the world over for its audio software and hardware solutions. The company has been developing, manufacturing and selling innovative products for musicians and producers in the music, film, post production and multimedia industries since 1984. Steinberg products are used by Grammy and Oscar award-winning composers, engineers and producers. The company also offers business customers license management and copy protection systems. Copyright (C) 2012 Steinberg All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective owners.
+49 40 210350