BitsAbound releases Active Directory Assist - Managing AD from iPhone
July 16, 2012 in Business
[prMac.com] Santa Clara, California - BitsAbound Inc. has announced the release of "Active Directory Assist" for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app is primarily aimed at Windows System Administrators to help them search and manage Active Directory Users, Computers, Groups and Contacts. It also provides quick reports to find "Locked Accounts", "Soon to expire password" and "Soon to expire accounts".
Active Directory Assist provides end to end, secure and encrypted access to Active Directory over Wi-Fi or Cellular Network. It uses industry standard Kerberos v5 protocol, which is an integral part of Active Directory to keep all communications encrypted and secure. The solution is completely agent less, with absolutely no software installation or changes required within the Enterprise Network.
* Search users, computers, groups and contacts
* View and edit attributes of users, computers, groups and contacts
* Manage user actions such as Password Reset, Unlock, Account Expiry and other account management options
* Add or remove users to and from groups
* Enable and Disable user accounts
* Manage Computers and Contacts
* Manage Groups and its membership
* Generate quick reports to find Locked Accounts, Expired Accounts and Password Expiry
* Industry standard Kerberos V5 support which is an integral part of Active Directory
* Supports Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 3/4G iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 2.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Active Directory Assist 2.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category. Certain features require one time upgrade to unlimited version for a special introductory price.
BitsAbound Inc is a veteran Silicon Valley company, in business for over 5 years. BitsAbound Inc. develops products and provides custom solutions to enterprises of all sizes. Copyright (C) 2012 BitsAbound Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.