July 29, 2012 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Schaumburg, Illinois - Meadows Publishing Solutions has announced that DesignMerge Pro Variable Data Printing software is now available for Adobe InDesign CS6, and includes several new features. The software will be demonstrated in booth #767 at the Graph Expo show, October 7-10, 2012 at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL.
The latest release of DesignMerge for Adobe InDesign supports the following new features:
* Direct PDF Output: DesignMerge now includes a new PDF Driver module that produces variable output in both PDF as well as PDF/VT formats. The DesignMerge PDF Driver allows you to select any InDesign PDF Export option for the output, and also provides many of the features that are available in the other DesignMerge Print Drivers, such as specifying a maximum number of Page Sets per Job and selecting a Post-Processing Destination. Full control over PDF file naming is also supported. In addition to standard PDF, the PDF Driver allows you to produce output in PDF/VT format, which is an optimized PDF format compatible with PDF-enabled digital print controllers and applications, such as the Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE). This new PDF format has been optimized for VDP applications.
* Embedded Variable Link Support: The processing capabilities of DesignMerge have been enhanced to include processing Variable Links that are embedded in the data. This new feature is especially helpful when you would like to merge a Variable Bar Code Link and the data for the Bar Code is contained in several different fields in the database file. This feature is especially helpful for encoding verbose data formats such as MECARD and vCARD.
* Enhanced Variable 2D Bar Code Support: In conjunction with Embedded Variable Link support, the MPS 2D Bar Code Module can now fully support verbose data formats such as the vCard format. The vCard format is used extensively in applications such as business cards where contact information must be fully encoded in QR Code format, allowing the data to be quickly scaned by smart phones and other QR Code reader applications.
* Enhanced Settings for PPML and Creo VPS Print Drivers: The PPML and Creo VPS Print Drivers have been enhanced to allow you to review and select the Data Format, Color, and Transparency Flattener settings that the Driver will produce for the current merge session. The PPML driver has been additionally enhanced to provide separation of image data and "pass through" image support, resulting in faster processing and smaller output files.
* Print Preview Mode: Print Preview is a new type of Test merge session that you may run on any DesignMerge job. Print Preview has been specially designed to mimic exactly how the documents will be merged and printed.
* Increased Data Length for Rules: The length limitation of data than can be set by a Link Rule has been increased from 255 to 2048 characters.
* Specify a Range of Records for Test Merge Sessions: To streamline testing a document, you may now choose to run any of the Test merge sessions on a specific range of records.
* Jump to Specific Record in Data Preview & Print Preview: We have added the ability to jump to a specific record in the current range of records being previewed.
* Adds Ability to "Undo" Build Document and Test Merges: We have added the ability to use the InDesign Undo command to remove changes that have been applied to a document by a Build Document or Test merge session.
* Adds Ability to Specify a Destination for PPML Image Objects: The PPML Driver has been enhanced to allow you to specify a different destination for the Image Objects (which can significantly improve the performance of the PPML Driver when a merge session will produce several jobs that share a large number of high-res Image Objects).
* Adds Ability to Specify Pass-Thru Images for PPML Output: Marking an image as a Pass-Thru image will enhance the performance of the PPML Driver when a session will be producing output for a job that uses a large number of print-ready high-res images.
* Adds Ability to Cancel Print Driver Sessions: All of the DesignMerge Print Drivers have been enhanced to allow you to cancel a Print Driver session at any time during the process.
* "Number of Copies Box" for PPML Output: This feature provides a "Number of Copies" Box for use with the PPML Driver only.
Meadows Publishing Solutions is a software development and consulting company specializing in commercial and custom XTensions(TM) for QuarkXPress(R), plug-in modules for Adobe(R) InDesign(R) and Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) and other extensible technologies. Meadows has developed a number of popular software packages for the database publishing and variable data printing markets, including their award-winning products AutoPrice(TM) and DesignMerge(R). Founded in 1991, Meadows is based just outside of Chicago in Schaumburg, Illinois.