SpeedTree for Games v6.2 Released With Deferred Rendering, Wind Wizard
August 3, 2012 in Technology
[prMac.com] Columbia, South Carolina - Interactive Data Visualization is proud to announce SpeedTree(R) for Games v6.2, released for evaluation and license, delivers new options for modeling, animating and rapid rendering for video game development applications. The new version will be demonstrated at the SIGGRAPH exposition in the Los Angeles Convention Center August 7-9 (Booth 244).
New features include:
* Deferred rendering and multiple render target support in the Compiler, shader system, and SDK
* A wind wizard that automatically computes wind parameters based on minimal guidance from the user
* Compiler now features per-texture color balance controls for faster iterations
* New navigation options, background image support, and viewport rendering options in the Modeler
* Model computations up to six times faster in the Modeler, mesh crawling algorithms up to three times faster, and leaf collision speeds up to 35 times faster - improvements which, combined with GUI and collection optimizations, make for an even more interactive experience
"There are almost as many environmental pipelines as there are game developers," said IDV CEO Chris King, "so our continuing focus has been on making SpeedTree for Games as adaptable as possible while continuing to push the real-time technology that has been the hallmark of our brand since 2002."
Want a demonstration of SpeedTree? Stop by our SIGGRAPH booth at #244 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Based in Columbia, South Carolina, SpeedTree for Games, winner of the 2005 Front Line Award for middleware, delivers amazingly natural real-time trees and plants with seamless LOD transitions, an array of lighting, physics and wind effects, as well as an SDK that can be programmed to support any level of engine integration. SpeedTree includes SpeedTree Modeler, which offers a unique hybrid of hand and procedural modeling options and has been used in countless games and a growing list of movies, including 2009's Avatar. SpeedTree was created by Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV), founded in 1999 to develop graphic and visualization tools for a wide variety of industries. Copyright (C) 2011 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.