August 23, 2012 in Gaming (F)
[prMac.com] Utrecht, Netherlands - The Green Light Bundle puts eight great indie games into one bundle. Gamers can decide for themselves what price they are willing to pay for this bundle. The developers are doing so in the hope that their games will soon be available on the Steam Store.
The Green Light Bundle launches on August 23rd, exactly one week prior to the community driven approval system Steam Greenlight (TM) goes live. With Steam Greenlight gamers can vote for games they want to be made available on the Steam Store. By showcasing these amazing games the games will get the exposure needed to kickstart their Steam Greenlight (TM) campaign, and thus increasing their chances of getting onto the Steam Store. Everybody wins!
The Green Light Bundle celebrates the launch of Steam Greenlight (TM) by making these games available for both PC & Mac. The bundle is an initiative by Stolen Couch Games. Like many other developers they too have had trouble trying to get their games onto Steam. The launch of Steam Greenlight (TM) gives every developer an equal chance of getting their games onto the Steam Store. With the Green Light Bundle we want to highlight some amazing games not yet available on Steam.
As mentioned before the Green Light Bundle contains eight great indie games:
* Ichi by Stolen Couch Games. Ichi is an easy to play but challenging one button puzzle game. Don't be deceived by the game's simplistic look, it's a brain twister for sure!
* Paper Monsters by Crescent Moon Games. Dive into the world of Paper Monsters and watch a living world made out of paper, cardboard, and a few cotton balls unfold right before your eyes. Paper Monsters takes all of the classic 2d platforming elements, combines them with cutting edge graphics.
* Muffin Knight by AngryMob Games. Muffin Knight is an action-packed platformer with stunning visuals and a myriad of fairytale characters, each with their own unique abilities which gain strength as you advance.
* Guerrilla Bob by AngryMob Games. Get your finger on the trigger and prepare to fire! Guerrilla Bob is an action-packed shooter game with stunning visuals, plenty of kick-a*s weaponry, unique enemies, explosive ammunition and non-stop humor.
* Samurai II Vengeance by Madfinger games. Become a wandering samurai in the ancient Japan during chaotic times of war. As Daisuke Shimada set yourself on a quest for revenge across the war-scorched countryside. From a seafaring village to a flying fortress to the legendary Isle of the Dead, the samurai will stop at nothing to hunt down his arch-enemy Orochi.
* Syder Arcade by Studio Evil. Syder Arcade is a multi directional side scrolling shoot'em up that nods to old-school classics like Defender or the Uridium games.
* Dino Run SE by PixelJam. Strap on those raptor feet, grab your hat and get ready to out run doom in this prehistoric racing game.
* Gunman Clive by Bertil Horberg. In the year of 18XX, the west is overrun by thugs and outlaws. A group of bandits have kidnapped Mayor Johnsons daughter and are spreading havok across the land. Only Gunman Clive can bring order to the west and save the girl!
The Green Light Fund:
A percentage of the revenue from the bundle will be made available to the Green Light Fund. This fund is meant to support struggling talented developers by using the money to partially finance the development of their games. This will help ensure the development of even more great indie games in the future. Developers can apply through the Green Light Bundle website.
We are Stolen Couch Games, a young and fresh studio located in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our first commercial release is Kids vs Goblins, which recently went live on the Apple Appstore. We have a diverse, completely in-house skillset and we are capable of making high quality 3D games using the Unity engine. Every member of the team is educated in game design and combines this with a practical skill such as 2D Art, 3D Art or programming. Our primary focus is on making high quality entertainment games for mobile devices, although working with Unity gives us the flexibility to port to platforms such as Steam and Flash. Our short term plan includes making bite sized games for the mobile market and social platforms such as Facebook. Our first project to showcase this is Ichi, a simple pick-up-and-play puzzle game which we will self-publish. Ichi users can create and share their own levels with a user friendly interface. Copyright (C) 2012 Stolen Couch Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.