March 10, 2009 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Twin Falls, Idaho - West Coast based iPhone application development team announces today, the release of Ember, an iPhone-native application that succeeds in efficiently utilizing the Campfire(TM) group chat tool on your iPhone. While instant messaging is good for one-on-one communication, Campfire(TM) by 37signals(R) is optimized for groups and teams. Ember brings Campfire(TM) to life within a truly integrated iPhone experience. Join and toggle between chat rooms, view shared files and collaborate effectively on the go.
"Ember has a beautiful, intuitive interface," said Brian Cooke of Roobasoft, LLC. "It works great over 3G/Edge and helps me easily stay in touch while running errands or in between flights."
* Live image previews right within the chat room
* Inline viewing of popular file formats, Excel, Word, Powerpoint ...
* Unlimited chat rooms: access to all your Campfire(TM) rooms
* SSL accounts are fully supported
* Campfire(TM) account (free or paid) from 37signals
* WiFi, Edge, or 3G Network required
* Ember works with all iPhones and iPod Touches running version 2.2.1 software or later.
* Multiple account support
* Additional room details
* Take and upload photos directly into Ember using the iPhone built-in camera
Pricing and Availability:
Ember is now available for $9.99 (USD) at the Apple iTunes App Store.
Overcommitted is a small team focused on creating applications for the iPhone that people love to use. Based in 3 separate cities, Ember stands out as a natural outgrowth of their need for an efficient group chat resource. Overcommitted is not associated with 37signals, LLC.
37signals is a privately-held Chicago-based company committed to building the best web-based software products possible with the least number of features necessary. Their products do less than the competition - intentionally. They've been in business since 1999. Campfire(TM) is a trademark of 37signals, LLC.