March 10, 2009 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Ann Arbor, Michigan - Humble Daisy is pleased to announce ProfCast 2.4.0, a major update to their flagship lecture recording and podcast creation solution for Mac OS X. ProfCast is a versatile, powerful, yet very simple to use tool for recording lectures including PowerPoint and/or Keynote slides for creating enhanced podcasts.
ProfCast is perfect for professionals and educators alike who need to provide a more flexible, richer media to supplement traditional pedagogical tools such as books, course packs, or notes. ProfCast is an ideal compliment to Apple's iLife Suite. With its integrated workflow, ProfCast provides a low cost solution for recording and distributing lectures, special events, and presentations as enhanced podcasts.
Feature highlights include:
* Records Live Presentations
* Supports Multiple File Formats
* ID3 Tags for iTunes U
* Integrated Podcast Manager
* Export to GarageBand
* Share to iWeb
* URL Linking
* Audio Playthrough Support
ProfCast sports live presentation recording, synchronization of slides with audio, Keynote and PowerPoint support, RSS generation and publishing support. All elements of a presentation, including slide timings, bullet point builds and voice narration are seamlessly recorded. ProfCast allows users to record their presentation as they give it, and also helps publish recorded presentations as enhanced podcasts, complete with RSS.
Based on customer feedback, version 2.4 includes interface improvements and bug fixes. Among the most significant additions to ProfCast is the new screen capture interface. "Screen capture allows users to integrate screen shots from other applications during their recordings." explained Dave Chmura, president of Humble Daisy, Inc. "ProfCast 2.4 makes adding screen captures much easier!"
Additional changes include:
* Added Improved Screen Capture interface
* Fixed Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 support on Mac OS X Tiger
* Fixed Bug with multiple presentations that resulted in slides being out of order
* Fixed Image scaling when using different sized slides and/or screen captures
Best of all 2.4.0 is a Free upgrade for registered ProfCast users.
ProfCast a unique utility that's easy to use and produces high-quality results. It remains the only innovative capture solution that records presentations and creates enhanced podcasts.
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later (10.5 Leopard Compatible)
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 500 MB Hard Drive space
* PowerPC G4 667MHz or greater
* Keynote 2.0 or later
* Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 or Microsoft PowerPoint 2008
* Integration with GarageBand and iWeb requires iLife '06 or later.
* Integration with GarageBand on Mac OS X 10.5 requires iLife '08.
* Internet connection (required for online publishing)
Pricing and Availability:
ProfCast 2.4.0 is priced at $59.95 (USD) for a single-user license. A full-featured, 15-day demo is available and a recommended update for all customers. Educational discounts are available.
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Humble Daisy, Inc. is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by husband-wife team of David and Michael Chmura. With a focus on the Mac platform, Humble Daisy's goal is to provide simple and elegant, user-centered solutions to facilitate personal and professional success. Copyright 2002-2008 Humble Daisy, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Keynote are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.