March 25, 2009 in Medical (E)
[prMac.com] Durham, NC - QD Ideas, LLC, proudly announces the third update to their popular Medical Abbreviations application for iPhone and iPod Touch. This update increases the number of abbreviations to over 14,000. Medical Abbreviations saves users time by compiling frequently used abbreviations and their meanings in an easy to use application. Medical Abbreviations was highlighted in Apple's Featured section of the iTunes App Store in December, 2008, and January, 2009.
Medical Abbreviations allows users to search for abbreviations and their associated terms simultaneously. Abbreviations that are important to users can be saved to a favorites list for easy later access. The Wikipedia definition and Google search results for individual abbreviation meanings can be accessed with a touch on the abbreviation details. The latest version of Medical Abbreviations incorporates the new mobile version of Wikipedia.
Features in version 1.3
* Improved searching; an exact abbreviation match is shown first
* 14045 meanings for 8118 abbreviations
* Quickly lookup definitions in Wikipedia (full or mobile) or search Google
* Save abbreviations to favorites list for easy retrieval
* Search results update as you type
* Search for both abbreviations and definitions at the same time
* Easy browsing with the index
* Abbreviations are sorted and grouped by first letter
Pricing and Availability:
All Medical Abbreviation updates are free of charge to existing users. New users may purchase this version for 0.99 (USD).
QD Ideas, LLC, was founded in 2003 by Quinn McHenry and David Kirk, a biomedical engineer and a medical doctor, as a result of their first collaboration, Tech-Recipes.com. The name QD Ideas was itself inspired by a medical abbreviation, qd meaning every day. QD Ideas bring its passion for community building and knowledge sharing to the iPhone platform. Copyright 2003-2009 QD Ideas, LLC. / All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPod and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.