October 17, 2012 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Spokane, Washington - PhatWare Corporation announces today the immediate availability of WritePad SDK 3.5, enabling software developers to incorporate state-of-the-art handwriting recognition with support for 11 languages into their iOS applications.
The WritePad SDK enables handwriting recognition based text input in third party applications on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices. The new version of the WritePad SDK now includes new APIs that support ink pressure serialization, geometrical shape recognition, and handwritten gesture recognition.
New features in the WritePad SDK 3.5:
* Improved overall recognition quality in all supported languages
* Handwritten gesture recognizer, supports several standard gestures, such as space, tab and return characters, cut, copy, paste, undo, etc.
* New shape recognition API, recognizes simple geometrical shapes, such as circle, rectangle, triangle, and straight line
* Extended digital ink manipulation and serialization API, including ink pressure support
* Updated sample code now demonstrates how to use new APIs and implement shorthand feature
WritePad SDK Features:
* Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed
* Supports 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish
* Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations
* Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings
* Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box"
* Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition engine static libraries and dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and usable sample code allowing easy integration with new or existing iOS applications. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation and commercial pricing, please visit PhatWare's web site.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2012 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare, PhatPad, PenOffice, and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.