April 6, 2009 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Aalsmeer, The Netherlands - Mekentosj BV today announced a significant update to Papers for iPhone and iPod touch. Papers puts your entire research literature database in your pocket, available at your fingertips wherever you go; whether you're at a conference, in class, visiting your peers, or on the road. Version 1.1 now allows you to search your articles, authors and journals. It adds two new search engines and several additional features.
"A couple of years ago, a Mac OS X application came along and blew my socks off. Now, the company behind Papers, Mekentosj, has done it again, this time by bringing its killer app to the iPhone in a timely manner. It doesn't disappoint." - Ars technica.
New in version 1.1 of Papers for iPhone and iPod touch:
* Added ability to search your library, authors and journals
* Added ACM and IEEE Xplore search engines
* Added ability to fetch more than 30 search results
* Fixed Google Scholar search engine
* Fixed downloading PDFs from JSTOR and Wiley
* Added a number of other improvements and bugfixes
With Papers for iPhone and iPod touch, the world's knowledge is never more than the flick of a finger away. Your personal library of Science, in your pocket. Visit our web site for a screencast to find out more.
* Browse hundreds of articles with the flick of a finger
* Explore full metadata of your papers
* Organize your library in collections and flag and rate articles
* Read your PDFs with the built-in PDF viewer
* Search on author and journals
* Wirelessly share papers with your colleagues
* Search through millions of papers with the built-in search engines
* Backup your library online for free
* Optionally sync your library with Papers for Mac
* Papers works on all iPhone and iPod touch models
* Syncing with the Mac version of Papers requires Papers 1.9 (sold separately)
Pricing and Availability:
Papers for iPhone and iPod touch is available for $14.99 in the iTunes app store. Review copies are available. If you are interested in trying Papers for iPhone and iPod touch and are a member of the press or would like to cover it on your website or blog, please contact us by email for a free copy. A press kit with high resolution images available on request.
Papers is a program made by Mekentosj BV, a Dutch independent software company that writes innovative software for scientists. After a PhD in Cell Biology founder and CEO Alexander Griekspoor switched fields and initially joined the European Bioinformatics institute as a Marie Curie postdoctoral fellow. Alexander is perhaps most well-known as "Mek" from the duo "Mekentosj". Together with his friend Tom "Tosj" Groothuis he developed a number of scientific Mac applications, two of which won Apple Design Awards for best Best Student and Best scientific Mac OS X application, respectively. What started in his spare time became his passion and has now also become his work: Mekentosj Inc. He aims to create new and innovative Mac OS X applications for scientists, of which his recently released new program Papers is a prime example, it won Mekentosj' third Apple Design Award. Visit our website to learn more.