December 12, 2012 in Software
[prMac.com] Jhangle Village, Taiwan - Ohanaware has released Fun Greetings Deluxe 1.0 for Mac OS X, a complete redesign of its best selling Photo Greeting Card software. The Retina-ready app offers nearly 200 professionally designed card templates, appropriate for 13 different occasions. With step-by-step guidance, users can quickly add photos to the cover or inside of the card, crop or apply photo effects to photos; create personalized messages in any font in their Font Library; and add shapes, borders, or graphics. Users can also create their own templates, starting with a blank page and building the card exactly as they want it. The app includes a variety of shapes, text boxes, text captions, graphics, and photo holders. Each element is easily modified, allowing users to create completely original, artistic designs. Featuring an advanced, Hi-Res print engine, Fun Greetings Deluxe is capable of printing folded cards in many different sizes (including custom sizes), or cards can be shared via email, Facebook, flickr, or Twitter.
* Nearly 200 different 1-Click Styles are included, with more professionally designed templates coming soon
* Many 1-Click Style categories: Holiday Season, Valentine's Day, Birthdays, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Congratulations, Invitation, Thinking of You, Get Well Soon, Halloween, Blank Message, Post Cards, eCards, Miscellaneous, User-Designed
* New, Hi-Res print engine offers superior print quality
* Square cards, Flat Cards, Single Fold Cards, Double Fold Cards, Money Holders, and Custom Sized Cards
* 15 built-in photo effects; 35 built-in frames
* Beautiful, new clutter-free GUI with Retina-display compatibility
* Card templates (1-Click Styles) are easily selected from the card shelf (resembling a real world card shelf)
* Full-screen mode employs the entire screen for card design
* Large style previews showing the front page and the inside message
* Snapping Palettes (Inspectors) for Photos, Shapes, and Text that slide 95% offscreen when moved to the side of the screen
* Save custom card designs as 1-Click Styles
* Change the style, photo, or text of the card at any time
* Designed to print on heavy weight, premium paper or card stock (depending on the printer)
No matter the screen size of their Mac, the app's single window design makes detailed card creation easy. On launch, the app displays the Selection window, where many card styles are displayed. Mousing over the card removes it from the shelf for a better view, and clicking on it opens the card to fill the window. Card designers can return to browsing card styles or click the Use Style button, which flips the window over, revealing the Edit window. Whichever 1-Click Style is chosen, each outside and inside page has its own canvas, which scrolls horizontally in the Edit window. Drag n' Drop convenience allows users to easily browse, select, and place images, graphics, and photos.
The Hi-Res, custom designed print engine in Fun Greetings Deluxe is able to print many different types of cards, including: Square cards, Flat cards, Post cards, Single & Double fold cards, and exclusively to this app, Money Holders. Money Holders are cards that fit in standard letter envelopes, and when folded can easily contain money, gift cards, or checks. Print margins are not an issue for Fun Greetings Deluxe as it is smart enough to take the margins and convert them into an elegant border, unless users choose to print without any borders at all. A simple tutorial helps users with double-sided printing and offers advice on printing cards that are indistinguishable from the costly alternatives available at the greeting card store.
"My wife, the designer, and I, the programmer, have been developing award-winning Mac apps since 2008, and we are extremely proud of Fun Greetings Deluxe," commented Sam Rowlands of Ohanaware.
* OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later
* 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution
* 115.4 MB Storage
* 2GB of RAM
Pricing and Availability:
Fun Greetings Deluxe 1.0 is available for one week at the introductory price of $9.99 (USD) through the Ohanaware Web site. Mac App Store version will be available as soon as Apple Approve Fun Greetings Deluxe. It will be available in the Graphics & Design category. The normal price is $19.99. A Free Trial is available from the Ohanaware web site. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Jhangle Village, Taiwan, Ohanaware was founded by husband and wife team, Sam Rowlands and Joy Sha in 2008. Sharing a passion for Macs and amateur photography, their first product, Funtastic Photos, won 4-star awards from both MacWorld and MacFormat. Their second product, HDRtist Pro, won a 5-star award from MacFormat. Joy Sha has a history in the design industry with experience as a 2D and 3D artist, and she also holds a Masters degree in 3D animation. Sam Rowlands has been writing software since 1990 and is an award winning software developer. Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Ohanaware Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.