New Comprehensive iPad App on Civil War: Photos, Timelines and Audios
December 18, 2012 in Education
[prMac.com] Mumbai, India - Touchzing Media, a new iOS app developer company, has announced the release and immediate availability of their first iPad app: Civil War Interactive 1.0. This is one of the most comprehensive apps on the deadliest conflict in American history: The Civil War. The app is designed exclusively for the iPad with an innovative navigation interface and design. Packed with photos, audios, interactive timelines, articles, this iPad app is the right choice for anyone who wants to read or learn about Civil War history.
The app covers all the major battles and events of the American Civil War in detail. Interactive timelines for events leading to the war and for every year of the war from 1861-1865 help the user understand every aspect of the war. The user can listen to recordings of famous speeches of Abraham Lincoln, view rare photos, paintings, sketches, etc.
The App is divided into 7 periods: events leading to the war, the 5 years of the war (1861-1865) and the post-war Reconstruction era. All the major battles and events are summarized in detail. Topics covered include Rise of Republicanism, Slavery, Lincoln's election, Fort Sumter, Hampton Roads, Shiloh, Antietam, Emancipation Proclamation, Gettysburg, Vicksburg, Wilderness, Cold Harbor, Mobile Bay, March to the Sea, Petersburg, etc. and many more. All the men who led the Union and the Confederacy have been covered in detail.
* Wonderfully designed with visuals and sounds
* Easy to navigate, use, read and understand
* Ideal for students, adults and Civil War enthusiasts alike
* Makes learning far more interesting than reading a book
* Gives a complete overview of the Civil War without overloading the user with unnecessary info
* All the major battles and events are summarized in detail
* 6 interactive timelines for the events during 1619-1860 and for every month of the war from 1861-1865.
* Over 750 rare photos with an exclusive Photo Features section featuring memorials, navy, battles, people, Confederate states, etc
* 8 audio clips including a Civil War summary, battle songs and recordings of Abraham Lincoln's speeches, etc.
* Features a complete index making it easy to jump to any section at any time
* Requires iPad with iOS 3.2 or later
* 256 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Civil War Interactive 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. One can watch the demo video of the Civil War iPad app online.
Located in Mumbai, India, Touchzing Media has been started in 2012 to develop educational apps. The company is currently developing more iPad apps on history. All Material and Software (C) 2012 Touchzing Media Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.