December 20, 2012 in Photo and Video (AF)
[prMac.com] Zaragoza, Spain - Independent developer, Fidel Lainez has announced the release of TiltShift Video 5.0 for iOS, an update to his app that employs powerful image processing techniques to enhance videos or photos. The update includes an optimized user interface for the iPhone 5. TiltShift Video also adds performance improvements, new graphics and optimizations for iOS 6.
TiltShift Video is a complete suite of tools for simulating the tilt-shift effect. Separate, continuously variable controls allow the user to adjust: the speed of the video; the saturation, brightness, contrast, and vignetting; the shape, strength, and smoothing of selective blurring; the background music soundtrack; and the opening and closing titles. Capable of creating highly artistic videos, TiltShift Video supports videos of any resolution and aspect ratio recorded by the iDevice on which it is installed, and can also import videos via iTunes sync.
* Transform any video recorded with (or synchronized to) your device into an awesome tilt-shift video
* Export your videos in Full HD (1080p, only available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and the new iPad), HD (720p) or choose between the other export presets. [Export resolution is limited by the resolution of the original video]
* Change the speed of your videos: Speed them up to simulate time-lapse sequences or slow them down to create slow motion videos
* Use multi-touch gestures to adjust the blur strength and position to get incredible "miniature" effects, simulating tilt & shift lenses
* Easily adjust your video saturation, contrast, brightness and vignetting to get the best results
* Choose your video's soundtrack from one of the catchy music loops provided with the app or, simply, select one of the songs in your library
* Process images from your Photo Library or extract still frames from your videos
At launch, in portrait or landscape orientation, TiltShift Video asks if the user wants to "miniaturize" a photo or video (selective focus is often used for simulating a miniature scene). The process is the same, but video processing offers more controls and options. Opening a video in the app, it fills 75% of the screen, with 8 function buttons in the lower control bar, and 4 or fewer slide controls below. Button 1 returns to the opening dialog and allows the selection of another video, and button 8 renders the video for export in its original size (e.g., 1920x1080), Big (540p) or Medium (360p).
Button 2 is Video characteristics and offers independent, slider controls for color saturation, picture contrast, picture brightness, and a vignette effect that creates an elliptical mask over the image, whose transparency can be set between 100 and 0% (black). The third button enables selective Focus/Blur, the featured effect of the app. The 5.0 update includes 5 different blur shapes and new multi-touch gestures to easily define blur areas. Control handles and arrows are also available to blur only that part of the video frame desired. In addition to the variety of linear, round, elliptical, and free-form blur shapes, TiltShift Video includes a smoothing slider control, which can make the edges of the blur hard or soft, adding to the realism of the selective focus created.
The fourth button controls Time effects, both slow-motion and time-lapse, fast-motion. Users can choose from realistic, digitally rendered speeds from 0.1x to 32x. Button 5 allows video producers to add a musical soundtrack to their video, either one of the provided loops or any song in the user's iTunes Library. Button 6 gives filmmakers the opportunity to turn their video into a movie, complete with opening and closing titles. Finally, Button 7 gives users the ability to save any combination of settings as a named Preset, which can be saved and loaded for use in any future project.
Latest Improvements in Version 5.0:
* Fully optimized for iOS 6
* Added support for the iPhone 5 screen
* UI Improvements
* Bugfixes and optimizations
"The increased screen size of the iPhone 5 provides a major benefit to users." says developer Fidel Lainez. "The bigger preview area helps to get exactly the desired result; at the same time, the increased size of the adjustment controls gives better precision during the editing."
* U.S. English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad 2/3/New iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 5.4 MB
TiltShift Video 5.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Zaragoza, Spain, indie developer Fidel Lainez founded his business in 2010. Fidel specializes in video processing Apps for iOS, with the goal of delivering high-quality results, while keeping the apps as simple and accessible as possible and giving a lot of freedom and control to the users over the final results. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Fidel Lainez. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.