December 22, 2012 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - The Lens Lab, producer of photography-focused mobile apps, has announced the launch of the Memory Jar app for iPhone and iPod touch. The app helps parents collect a rich and valuable set of memories about their children as they grow up. Memory Jar allows users to combine their family photos with other details including description, date and also children's ages and turns them into a card-based format ready for easy sharing and archiving.
"Life with kids is a continual stream of memorable moments and organising your photos just isn't enough," said Stuart Watson, Founder of The Lens Lab. "The Memory Jar app makes it easy to add details and context to your photos so you can create a rich archive of their lives for you and your kids. We think photos only tell part of the story of family life."
Create Treasured Memories:
With smartphones like the iPhone it is now easier than ever to take tons of great family photos and a number of solutions exist to share, store and manage many thousands of photographs. Standing out from these other solutions, the Memory Jar app enables parents to group one or more photos as an individual memory and add valuable details like when it was, what happened, and even why it means so much to them.
"As a parent of 3 kids myself I take a ton of photos with my iPhone but I worry about forgetting the little details that often make photos so special," said Watson. "Back in the day when you printed rolls of photos and stored them in albums you were able to flip the photos over and write little notes on the back to help you remember. Nowadays this sort of detail is being lost and so Memory Jar was built to bring that richness back to your family photos."
Primary Features - Users of the Memory Jar app get an array of features designed to make using it both easy and fun:
* Unlimited photos and detailed text can be added to each memory
* Memories are presented in card-like format for easy printing and sharing
* New 'flip' feature to view details of each memory on the back of photos
* Background on the home screen changes regularly to display a photo from a stored memory
* Collected memories can be browsed in either a list or tiled photo mode
* Any number of family members, including pets or grandparents, can be setup
* A single memory can be captured against one or more family members
* Easy sharing of memories via Twitter, Facebook or email
* Integration with Evernote for secure and automated archiving of memories
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (4/5 gen), and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 8.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Memory Jar 2.0 is $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category from Friday December 14, 2012. No sign-up is required so users can start creating their first family memories immediately.
The Lens Lab Pty Ltd is a privately-owned mobile applications company based in Melbourne, Australia. The company was established in October 2012 by former Snr Product Manager Stuart Watson. Memory Jar is the company's first photography-based app that helps parents collect a rich and valuable record of their children's lives. The company is releasing their next iPhone app by the end of 2012. Copyright (C) 2012 The Lens Lab Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.