April 23, 2009 in Networks and FTP (F)
[prMac.com] Austin, TX - Intego, the Macintosh security specialist, has announced an update to Remote Management Console, a program that allows administrators to manage and configure Intego security software on Macintosh computers across a local network or via the Internet. With Intego Remote Management Console, an administrator can manage Intego programs on any number of Macs. The administrator can connect to client computers via Bonjour or by entering an IP address, and set configurations and preferences for the following programs:
* Intego VirusBarrier X5: Protects Macs from all known viruses
* Intego ContentBarrier X5: Protects children from the dangers of the Internet
* Intego NetUpdate: Updates Intego programs, and their virus definitions and filters
Intego Remote Management Console allows administrators to create and load settings files, configure individual settings and functions, and make changes to Intego programs on all computers quickly and easily. Settings for these programs can be managed individually or in groups, and administrators can apply the same settings to all users or apply templates with preset configurations to specific users. With Intego Remote Management Console, administrators can connect to Macs anywhere in the world by applying a uniform security policy to all the Macs in a company, school or university.
This update, version 10.4.5, includes new features and enables the management of ContentBarrier X5, the latest version of Intego's parental control software. In this new version, administrators can add computers to Remote Management Console's Workstation list by entering a range of IP addresses to be scanned; can import and export presets, to apply them on different administration Macs; and client Macs can be set to notify specific administration servers and download settings from them.
Intego Remote Management Console features:
* A clear, easy to use interface - Console presents interfaces similar to the Intego products being managed
* Provides system and hardware information for client computers
* Lets the administrator view the current settings for Intego programs
* Lets the administrator update and change settings on client computers
* Presets allow the same settings to be used on multiple Macs
* Groups allow simple application of security policy across computers
* Logs record all activity
* Remote Management Console can only be used if the client computer authorizes remote management
* Remote Management Console Admin requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
* Remote Management Console Client requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
Remote Management Console is available from Intego via the company's website.
Intego develops and sells desktop Internet security and privacy software for Macintosh. Intego provides the widest range of software to protect users and their Macs from the dangers of the Internet. Intego's multilingual software and support repeatedly receives awards from Mac magazines, and protects more than one million users in over 60 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan.