April 24, 2009 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Milano IT - Tension Software has announced CryptoEdit 1.4.2 for Mac OS X. CryptoEdit is a program to create and edit protected encrypted documents. It can manage TEXT, RTF and RTFD (with images) format. It saves documents on disk always as encrypted and is the ideal solution to manage reserved documents with formatted text and images.
CryptoEdit is absolutely simple, powerful and secure. It allows to edit document as a normal simple word processor wich can handle text and images. All the feature available in a modern Cocoa based rich text processor are available in CryptoEdit. The text can be formatted using rules, different font, style, size, color. All the usual manipulations of fonts are available via menu and dialogs plus custom styles are available. Spelling in your native language. Text search is full implemented. Insertion of images inside the document with just drag and drop.
CryptoEdit can import from other documents in standard TEXT or RTF or RTFD (RTF images) . Documents can also be exported as TEXT, RTF or standard RTFD (included images). CryptoEdit document are saved always encrypted for security purpose. If you saved it you can be sure that you saved it encrypted. Saving a document containing images, will create on disk a single file with all the text and images encrypted in a single file. Any data the user puts in the document is encrypted and not redeable without the right password.
CryptoEdit is ideal to protect important or reserved data on any Mac. In case someone get unauthorized access to a Mac, or in the worst case a Mac is stolen, the only way to be sure your data won't be in the wrong hands is via encrytion. CryptoEdit let user use a sophisticate encryption method in a simple and easy way available to any Mac user. Except the use of the password to protect the document, you can even ignore you are using a strong crypto tool.
* Easy and simple
* Native for Cocoa
* Universal Application native for PPC Mac and Intel Mac
* Uses a strong Blowfish algorithms
* Save always as encrypted, helping you avoid security problems
* Full featured RTF editor with rulers, fonts, styles, unlimited number of documents and more...
* Inserts images with a simple drag and drop.
* Can import from TEXT, RTF and also from RTFD (Rich Text Format embedded images)
* Can export documents as standartd TEXT, RTF, RTFD (images included)
* Save as crypted also embedded images
* Open and decrypt in a flash
* Can genereate secure distributable documents
* Can add public notes visible without password for document general information
* AppleScript scriptable
* Stable and strong solid
New in this release:
* Bug fix regarding scrolling after saving on disk
* Bug fix in the network update system
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Crypto Edit is $25 (USD).
Tension Software started in 1997 developing Mac software for Mac OS Classic. Now Tension Software still develops Mac software for Mac OS X using the last Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All the current Mac production is made by Universal Applications native on both PPC Mac and Intel Mac. Other brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.