JixiPix Software Releases New Aquarella Watercolor Software for Mac
January 30, 2013 in Image Editing
[prMac.com] Las Vegas, Nevada - JixiPix Software began shipping Aquarella, an artistic desktop software solution designed to help professional artists, photographers and amateurs quickly and easily achieve a natural looking watercolor painting with all the delicate details of a traditional watercolor. Aquarella overcomes limitations in other software products with a revolutionary new "wet" algorithm simulating overlapping strokes of pigment dried dark along the edges, delicate blooms and color washes to achieve a truly wet and natural appearance.
This new app available for Mac OS 10.6 provides all the creative tools needed to transform an image into a professional-looking watercolor and is the perfect compliment to a series of JixiPix artistic apps developed for digital artist, photographer and creative professionals, giving them the ability to achieve realistic watercolor creations true to a traditional aqua-media. The app also boasts a collection of colorful washes and a series of control sliders that allow the fine-tuning each watercolor creation.
At JixiPix it is our ambition is to listen closely to the creative community. Our customers have always been the driving force behind our products and come from a wide variety of professional and creative backgrounds, so we value their feedback and work hard to create products to fit their specific needs.
* Aquarella - Classic watercolor style using the original colors from the photo
* Two Tone - Replaces the original photo colors with two pastel ones; or allows users to choose two from the built-in color picker
* Two professional-quality watercolor styles
* Aqua Color: a traditional watercolor style uses original colors from the image then applies fluid brush strokes and colorful washes
* Two Tone: a bichromatic style washes your image with soft color combinations using two predetermined colors that can be easily customized to a complimentary color using the built-in color picker
* Choose between a natural color palette or a two color one
* Make adjustments to Color Details, Wet Edges, Color Palettes, Paper Styles and more
* Achieve thousands of watercolor styles by simply adjusting the settings, colors and washes
* Fine-tune with easy-to-use slide controls
* Use large photos for a high-end result
* Choose a preset for a quick start or make your own for future projects
* Saves images as TIF, PNG, JPG
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* 118 MB
Pricing and Availability
Aquarella for for Mac is $7.99 (USD). Aquarella - Incredible Watercolor paintings now being served at the JixiPix website and Mac App Store.
Headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, JixiPix Software has a history of developing well known iPhone and iPad Apps marketed to photographers, graphic artists, and multi-media professionals around the world. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 JixiPix Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.