iWords! - much more usable than your vocabulary notebook
January 31, 2013 in Education
[prMac.com] Omsk, Russian Federation - Indie developer Sergey Hrushev is proud to introduce iWords! v1.0 for iPad. User learns words by groups named Tasks where each Task consists of 15-16 Word Pairs. A Word Pair itself consists of a word in language user knows already and its translation to language user studies. iWords! shakes all words and the goal is to restore all pairs back each by other. During Word Pairs restoration user reads words many times and automatically remember them. This technique is based on scientifically proven method of "visual memory".
Which language is possible to learn with iWords!:
The short answer is: absolutely any! The fact is that the user may create new Themes and add them to iWords! on his own. It will take just 5 to 10 minutes to create a 15 Word Pairs Theme. Thanks to iWords! built-in rich Theme sharing opportunities user may easily exchange Themes with his/her friends, colleagues or classmates. This allows user to extend the Themes collection even more easy and fast. Moreover, by switching Language Pairs it's possible to learn several languages at the same time!
What's behind the scenes:
* To keep the learning process easy and make it effective at the same time iWords! constantly collects the learning statistic
* When iWords! is used on regular basis it becomes the personal assistant in foreign language learing
* Collected statistic allows iWords! to "understand" which words learner knows good and where he's still not as good as it can be
* Then iWords! may offer to learner Tasks containing for example words he knows bad. This helps to not waste time repeating words learner knows good already and forces him to study only those words where he really isn't good.
Many Themes exchange features are exist: users may share their themes via
e-mail, Bluetooth, Dropbox, iTunes file sharing, etc.
* iPad (2/3/4 gen)
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
It's possible to try iWords! v1.0 for free. Full-featured version price is: $4.99 (US) Application is distributed exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. All updates are free.
Located in Omsk, Russian Federation, indie developer Sergey Hrushev is an independent professional software developer. Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Sergey Hrushev. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Senior Software Engineer & CEO