January 31, 2013 in Education
[prMac.com] Taipei, Taiwan - HaStars Technology today is pleased to introduce Mapping the USA with Roxy the Star 1.0 for iOS, its new educational game where kids can learn the name, outline, and map location of all 50 states. In Learn mode, touching any state in the blank map of the U.S. announces that state's name aloud and displays an animation that shows what the state is famous for. In Play mode, Roxy announces the name of the state aloud, it appears at the bottom of the screen, and players must drag it to its proper position on the map.
* Each State is Represented by a Cartoon Character: Every state is unique with its own face, emotion, and symbol. Watch states play guitar, make a silly face, take a picture at the Grand Canyon, etc.
* Fun Animation: Every state has an animation. The state of Maine is famous for lobsters. The state sees the lobsterů eats the lobster! Yum!
* Sounds: Cheerful audio of state names and memorable animations combine to make learning so much fun and so easy
* Radar Hint: The radar animation shows a hint when the player drags the state close to the correct position on the map
* Learning Section: Kids can learn the location and watch the animation of each state repeatedly in the learning section
A wonderful multimedia experience, similar to the classic board game Game of the States, learning American geography is more fun than ever. The app features 50 ingenious color animations, one for each state. Capturing the personality of the state, there is a cartoon face and an animation celebrating some aspect of that state. For example, touching New York in the blank white map divided into states brings up a clever cartoon animation of King Kong climbing the Empire State Building. North Carolina includes the state's motto, "First in Flight" and an animation of the Wright Brothers' biplane, The Flyer.
Mapping the USA includes playful background music throughout, and every animation includes amusing sound effects, like the sound of a horse neighing for Texas, or the beep-beep of a flying saucer landing at Area 51 in Nevada. Roxy the Star is an animated character with cyan hair and eyes. She serves as the leader in both modes, and her enthusiastic, professionally voiced pronunciations of each state are clear and engaging. Roxy also leads kids on explorations of Preschool Math and Learning Basic Chinese in the other apps in the series.
"Carefully designed for preschoolers, Mapping the USA with Roxy the Star is the perfect way for kids to learn the states," commented Rita Jao of HaStars Technology. "And parents should know that our apps are completely safe, with no ads, no in-app purchases, and no data mining or tracking."
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 14.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Mapping the USA with Roxy the Star 1.0 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Taipei, Taiwan, HaStars Technology was founded by Alex Huang in 2002. HaStars has more than 8 years of experience developing kid's educational Flash games. HaStars believes the best way to learn is through having fun! The company also has developed games for set-top box game systems, so that kids can play games on their TV. They also have experience developing interactive games on Yahoo messenger for Yahoo Taiwan. Copyright (C) 2002-2013 HaStars Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.