February 1, 2013 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Franklin, Tennessee - LoeschWare LLC introduces The Bear Went Over the Mountain by LoeschWare 1.0 for iOS. Why did the bear go over the mountain? To see what he could see! Now children can go with Bernie Bear as he travels over the mountain, in a cave, under the ocean, up a tree, across the desert, even around the moon! Not only can children see what he can see, they can snap photos of it, too! Highlighted words to the classic song "The Bear Went Over the Mountain," let children read or sing along.
Play begins by choosing from a playful map of eight different scenes, each consisting of two pages of interactive, explorable options and characters. Teaching begins with directional words, exploration of geographical differences, and stimulating understanding of habitats of a wide range of wildlife. Players will see a mixture of cartoon and real photos of all the animals they encounter: eagles, owls, bats and bunnies, snakes and scorpions, all in their natural habitats.
Stewardship of the environment is promoted with a fun request to recycle scattered rubbish or plant trees in certain scenes, giving children a sense of pride and responsibility. The action begins with motor skill challenges, as the user is encouraged to physically move Bernie Bear over, under, up, down, in, around, behind, and across scenes and objects in order to advance to their destinations. Here, the user will be able to discover animals, hear true to life sounds they might produce, and build a collection of photos in a scrapbook!
* Teaches directional words - this vocabulary enhances a child's ability to give and follow directions as well as to speak precisely
* Practices singing along with the highlighted words in this favorite nursery song
* Aids in word recognition with spoken and written names of animals and geography
* Teaches geographical differences and the diversity of wildlife found within each
* Encourages a sense of stewardship in caring for our environment and natural habitats of wildlife creatures
* Builds phonemic awareness (the ability to hear and manipulate the smallest unit of a language that conveys meaning)
* Relates music to various geographical and language arts vocabulary
Created By Educators:
* Based on the Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten
* Developed with a college educator and former Metro Atlanta public school teacher
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 45.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Bear Went Over the Mountain by LoeschWare 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. An HD version for iPad is also available.
LoeschWare LLC specializes in educational mobile apps for young children since 2009. For more information, please visit LoeschWare online. All Material and Software (C) 2009-2013 LoeschWare LLC. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.