March 28, 2013 in Reference (AF)
[prMac.com] New Rochelle, New York - MultiEducator has introduced American History: From the Explorers Through the Civil War 1.0 for iOS, its latest multimedia reference app, which combines much of the content of six previously released apps: Explorers, 13 Colonies, Revolutionary War, New Nation, Antebellum America, and Civil War. Nearly 2 GB in size, the completely offline app includes 130 video presentations, 250 documents, hundreds of photographs, 200+ biographies of key historical figures, and written summaries and articles on each major event. The app is unprecedented in depth and breadth, and provides an informative and entertaining introduction to the history of America over 400 years, from 1465 to 1865. A 30-page Teacher's Guide to the app is available on the MultiEducator web site.
* Explorers - Native Americans, Columbus, Balboa, Verrazano, etc.
* Colonies - Chronology, About the Colonies, Daily Life, Study Guide & Quiz, etc.
* Revolutionary War - Causes of the Revolution, Major Battles & Events, Economics, etc.
* The Constitution - The Making of the Constitution, The 7 Articles, Amendments, etc.
* New Nation - The Presidents: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, etc.
* War of 1812 - Causes of the War, Fort Niagara Captured, Washington Burned, etc.
* Antebellum - The Presidents: Adams, Jackson, Van Buren, Harrison, Tyler, Polk, etc.
* Mexican-American War - The Start of the War, U.S. Seizes California, Battle of Palo Alto, etc.
* Civil War - Causes of the War, Major Battles and Events, Economics of the Civil War, etc.
* Documents - Documents of Colonial America, The Revolution, Documents 1780 - 1860, etc.
* Biographies - Susan Anthony, Josiah Bartlett, Nathan Hale, Sam Houston, John McLean, etc.
* Presidents & First Ladies - The Presidents: Washington to Lincoln, etc.
* Multimedia Presentations - Columbus, Cortes, New York, Battle of Trenton, Indian Removal, etc.
* Economy - Economics of the Revolution, Economy of the New Nation, The Civil War, etc.
With more than 20 history apps on the App Store, MultiEducator has an enviable reputation among educators, students, and history buffs for its lively, multimedia blend of text, videos, period photos, maps, original documents, simulations, modern photography of historical places and artifacts, drawings, and infographics. From the Explorers Through the Civil War is an authoritative collection of multimedia that is easily navigated, searched, and enjoyed.
* Enhanced understanding of historical events through multimedia presentations
* Easy-to-read, rigorous, factual summaries and articles by a professional historian
* Remarkable period photos and original documents humanize historical facts
* Videos present the story of history, complete with narration and visuals
* Exploration of the causes contributing to historical events
"American History: From the Explorers Through the Civil War puts 400 years of American history at your fingertips," commented Marc Schulman of MultiEducator. "With content taken from six previously released apps, this encyclopedic reference work represents a real cost savings."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 1.86 GB
Pricing and Availability:
American History: From the Explorers Through the Civil War 1.0 is $9.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. Review copies are available on request.
Located in New Rochelle, New York, MultiEducator is a privately funded company founded in 1994 by Amy Erani and Marc Schulman. MultiEducator's goal is to enable students to learn history in a completely new way. Throughout MultiEducator's years in business, the company has continuously expanded its services and product line. In the summer of 2008, the company sold its HistoryShopping site to concentrate on the content part of the business. It then started its newest division developing software for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch. In October 2008, it released its first application, Formulator. As one of the earliest producers of multimedia software, MultiEducator has been providing schools and the general public with rich, compelling history software for almost two decades. Copyright (C) 2008-2013 MultiEducator. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.