May 21, 2009 in Utility (F)
[prMac.com] Milano, Italy - Altomac has announced User Monitor 1.0, their background surveillance and monitoring solution for Mac OS X Leopard. Perfect for work or classroom environments, User Monitor acts like a surveillance camera pointed directly at the monitor of any Mac, registering everything that is done on the machine. User Monitor was developed specifically for employers, managers, and teachers alike who require reliable, dedicated monitoring of one, or even several machines on a network.
With a focus on ease-of-use, User Monitor requires no special skills, is non-intrusive and doesn't interfere with other running applications. It works silently in the background and dutifully monitors computer activity by automatically taking screen shots based on user-defined intervals.
All activity to be recorded can be set by the administrator via a password protected interface. At any time screenshots may be quickly consulted with User Monitor's built-in image player for quick playback. User Monitor can log activity on all running applications used, or limited to just one application only (for example Safari, iChat or Mail), as determined by the administrator.
* Real Monitoring - Monitors the use of the computer by taking screen shots
* Easy to use - No special skills are required
* Password protected - No one can run User Monitor other than the administrator
* Nonintrusive - Doesn't interfere with other running applications
* Built-in Image Viewer - The Administrator can save on-disk images they need to keep
* Easy to install - Requires no special skills to set up
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 3.5 MB Hard Drive space
* Disk space needed to store screenshots
Pricing and Availability:
User Monitor 1.0 is available for $47.95 (USD) from the Altomac online store. A trial version is available from their website. A Family License (up to 5 computers) is available for $79.95. Educational Licenses (up to 12 computers) are available for $147.95.
Altomac is a company founded in 2005 dedicated to Mac OS X only software. Altomac develops award-winning Mac OS X software, including iPod Notes, Filemailer and Speedy Mac. People at Altomac aim to put into users hands applications which they can use in a way they do things every day. Right after opening their programs, users can immediately focus on their task, not even noticing that they're using an entirely new program. Copyright 2005-2009 Altomac. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.