June 6, 2009 in Music and Recording (F)
[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner today released MP3-Info CMM 1.5. The long-awaited update to the Finder plug-in that displays MP3 tags now supports Unicode tags, and is integrated into CDFinder for quick access to the entire asset library. MP3-Info CMM is a Contextual Menu Module designed for the Finder of Mac OS X (version 10.3 or newer). It is essentially an extension to the context menu of Apples Finder.
MP3-Info displays information about audio files, such as their duration, the bitrate, and also important MP3-Tags, such as the artist, the title of the song, lyrics, cover art, and some more, all directly inside the Finder, without the need to open any application to get this information! That can save you a lot of time when have to manage songs often. It also shows these information for AAC files created by iTunes, and WAV, and AIFF files. MP3-Info can also rename your song files, replacing cryptic file names with meaningful ones.
What is new in MP3-Info CMM 1.5?
* Complete Unicode support: All metadata can now contain any Unicode character and will still be displayed properly
* CDFinder integration: You can search for song titles, albums and artist name
* Support for iPhone ringtone files (suffix ".m4r")
* The menu now shows if a song contains cover art and lyrics, and copies the lyrics into the clipboard, if that menu item is selected
* ID3 tags in AIFF files are supported now, too
* Now launches "The Tagger" as a tag editor
* New rename option: "Songtitle.mp3"
* Properly displays ID3v4 tag versions as well
* Universal Binary; running natively on PowerPC and Intel machines
* Requires Mac OS X v10.3 or later
Norbert M. Doerner is developing great Mac software since 1991. Popular products include CDFinder, and various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture. Copyright (C) 1991-2009 Norbert M. Doerner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Finder are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.