June 4, 2009 in Announcements (F)
[prMac.com] Aliso Viejo, CA - Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group today announced it has signed an exclusive publishing agreement with Pixelmator Team to distribute Pixelmator, an easy-to-use, yet powerful photo and graphics editing program for the Macintosh.
Pixelmator is designed for users who want to transform and enhance their growing library of images without learning overly-complicated and expensive image editing software. Pixelmator allows users to achieve professional results in minutes and offers over 130 filters and special effects that work with all major image formats. With Pixelmator, users can see their creations in real-time as they apply different filters and effects, from the standard blur and sharpen functions to unique filters such as comic-style and kaleidoscope.
"Pixelmator gives Mac users creative license to unleash their imagination to create unique photos and images. The software offers integrated access to the iPhoto library and one-click iSight support so that users can snap a picture without leaving the application and instantly transforming their shot with Pixelmator's photo filters to create fun new designs," said Sarina DuPont, Product Manager for Smith Micro Software. "Today we all want to do more with our images, and Pixelmator offers all the capabilities needed to get the job done without the complexity or cost."
Pixelmator Key Features and Benefits:
* 130 Filters and Special Effects - Transform photos and images with standard filters such as blur, sharpen and distort, plus many unique filters like comic-style halftones, tile, kaleidoscope and thermal camera that can be seen in real time
* Layer-Based Image Editing - Quickly create layers that can be individually edited using Pixelmator's toolset and library of filters to fine tune special effects
* iSight Support - One-click iSight support lets users take a picture and add it as a layer in Pixelmator without ever leaving the application to speed workflow
* iPhoto Support - Built-in Photo Browser to easily navigate to iPhoto library, events, albums, smart albums and pictures folders
* Color Correction Tools -- Applies corrections to photos and images such as Auto Levels, Auto Color and Auto Contrast
* Select, Paint and Retouch Tools - Over 20 tools including crop, select, paint and erase help to enhance and perfect images
* Add Text to Images - Ability to create unique invitations and logos using the simple type tool
* Batch Processing - Saves users time by applying filters to entire image collections simultaneously using the built-in Automator actions
* Supports Popular File Formats - Export to 100 file formats including PSD, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, PICT, BMP and PDF. Also supports Adobe Photoshop files with layers
* Made for Mac - Designed to work seamlessly with support for Spotlight, ColorSync, Quick Look and many other Mac-only technologies. Takes advantage of Core Image and OpenGL for fast image processing
Pricing and Availability:
The MSRP for Pixelmator is $59.99 (USD). Pixelmator is available direct from the Smith Micro web store and from popular resellers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide. To learn more about Pixelmator and our complete line of software, visit Smith Micro.
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops mobility solutions that enable seamless broadband connectivity and next generation of media and mobile convergence products over wireless networks. The Company's Productivity and Graphics Group provides software solutions for people who want their computing experience to be more secure, organized and creative. Smith Micro's complete lines of products are available through Smith Micro's Wireless, OEM, and Enterprise Sales groups, and direct from its websites, retail and value-added resellers (VARs). Smith Micro's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol SMSI. Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.