mani.de announces iVolume 3.1.5 for Mac OS X and Windows
June 9, 2009 in iTunes
[prMac.com] Nuremberg, Germany - mani.de today announces iVolume 3.1.5, an update to their incredibly popular Replay Gain aware volume controller for Mac OS X and Windows. By taking advantage of Apple's core technologies, iVolume ensures that all songs play at the same volume level. It calculates the volume perceived by the human ear for each song of an iTunes music collection, and adjusts them accordingly.
Designed from the ground up to be compatible with a digital lifestyle, iVolume sports a modern, clear, easy-to-use interface and is a perfect compliment to Apple's iLife suite. It integrates seamlessly with iTunes on Mac and PC, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, FrontRow and AirTunes. iVolume is blazingly fast and highly configurable, allowing users to create groups to apply individual fine tuned settings to any specified subset of their songs. Most popular audio file formats, such as MP3, M4A/AAC, AIFF and Apple Lossless are supported.
Version 3.1.5 offers many under-the-hood improvements:
* Performance: Overall performance and stability enhancements
* Stability: Improved memory handling
* Reliability: Fixed 'endless decoding' that occured under certain circumstances
* Compatibility: Supports more exotically encoded files
* User Interface: Supports alternative DPI settings on Windows
* Interoperability: Fixed rare issue with MobileMe preferences syncing
* Internationalization: Added localization for Dutch language
* Future-Proof: Running on Windows 7
* Maintenance: Other minor improvements and bug fixes
iVolume remembers all results that were calculated over history. Users may easily apply changed adjustment settings without the need to re-analyze a song list. And by using a sophisticated album detection algorithm, iVolume optionally adjusts albums as a whole to keep the intent of the artist. This method is particularly suitable for adjusting gapless live albums.
* Sophisticated Album Detection Algorithm
* Integrates seamlessly with iTunes on Mac and PC, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, FrontRow and AirTunes
* Supports most popular audio file formats
* Highly Configurable
iVolume replaces iTunes' Sound Check feature with a value computed using the more advanced Replay Gain algorithm. Because Replay Gain ignores the very highest peaks, it is not fooled by the difference between older and newer style CD mastering, resulting in songs sounding equally loud.
English, German, Japanese, Chinese, and Dutch
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later (Leopard Compatible)
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* Windows XP/Vista
* 8.2 MB Hard Drive space
* iTunes 7.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
iVolume 3.1.5 is only $29.95 (USD) and is available as a full featured download. The unregistered version displays a dialog from time to time, so it cannot run unwatched over the complete iTunes library until registered.
Located in beautiful Nuremberg, Germany, mani.de is a privately held company founded in 1998 by German software engineer, Manfred Schwind. Manfred focuses exclusively on the Mac, iPhone and PC platforms, with the aim to develop best-of-breed products, as well as provide outstanding customer service. From 2004 to 2008, Manfred was employed at equinux as lead developer for iSale that has won several Apple Design Awards. Copyright 1998-2009 mani.de, Manfred Schwind. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.