June 10, 2009 in Promotions (E)
[prMac.com] Rainmaker Research's flagship product, Spell Catcher X, will be included in the first Mac OS X software bundle offering from TheMacBundles.com. TheMacBundles.com offers a new marketing model, where developers group their resources and directly market to consumers.
Spell Catcher X is the industry's most advanced collection of writing productivity tools. Spell Catcher provides spell checking and thesaurus services for more than a dozen languages, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Spell Catcher has state-of-the-art automatic text expansion, auto correct, auto format and word completion - available in any application you use. Add to that a keystroke saver to invisibly backup your typing - a safety net in case you experience a crash, freeze or power outage. Among its sophisticated features are the following:
* DirectCorrect, an entirely new way to check and correct your documents. DirectCorrect leverages advanced Mac OS X text and accessibility technology to provide virtually instantaneous display of errors.
* Spell Catcher auto-corrects common typing errors, often before you realize a typo was made.
* Spell Catcher incorporates a writer's reference book containing multiple dictionaries and an assortment of thesauri that yields more than 2,000,000 synonyms and antonyms.
* Seamless integration with Mac OS X technologies, including the system-wide spelling service, Input menu, Services menu, and Dock menu.
* Support for up to 17 different languages, 9 are included for free.
* Auto-completion watches your keystrokes and offers to finish what you've started to type, using matches from various sources. This includes your address book, in addition to any matching words found in the dictionary, your shorthand glossary, and Spell Catcher's thesaurus.
* Ghostwriter monitors, records and saves keystrokes, thereby protecting against data loss that can occur in a computer crash, freeze or power outage.
* Like having a professional proofreader at your side, Spell Catcher corrects double spaces, double capitals, double punctuation and an array of other common mistakes that are often difficult to find and fix.
* Simple point and click text manipulation macros allow Spell Catcher to clean up manipulate text in many ways. Change capitalization, remove excess returns to form paragraphs, strip excess whitespace, calculate readability, and more.
Rainmaker Research Inc., founded in 1984 by Evan Gross, is the Toronto-based developer of Spell Catcher. Spell Catcher is the ultimate spell checking and writing tool, first released for the Macintosh in 1985, followed by Spell Catcher Plus for Windows in 1998. Spell Catcher, Spell Catcher 8, Spell Catcher X, and Spell Catcher Plus are all trademarks of Rainmaker Research Inc. Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.