June 11, 2009 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Atlanta, Georgia - 360Works, a leading FileMaker product developer and innovator, today released ScriptMaster 3, the latest version of its popular free FileMaker plugin. Like all 360Works plugins, it runs on both Windows and Mac OS X. The updated plugin adds new modules which enable developers to effortlessly manipulate and compress files, perform AES encrypt and decrypt functions, capture digital images from any iSight or QuickTime digital camera, and much more. In addition, ScriptMaster 3 does not even require the plugin to be installed on your users' computers: It is automatically installed using the FileMaker Auto Update plugin feature.
"I have been using ScriptMaster in my solutions for the past year. Version 3.0 promises to make this already useful tool easier to use," said Dan Stein of Digital Software Solutions. "The addition of the AES level encrypt and decrypt adds a functionality to FMP previously missing. Now my clients can store CC information and still pass the security testing required by the merchant banks. 360Works continues to enhance this free product, already jammed packed with useful tools. It's a no-brainer when it comes to good FileMaker Pro development."
The new version also includes re-written documentation and a video tutorial which make it easier than ever for developers to get started with ScriptMaster and enhance their FileMaker functionality. In addition to more than 40 modules already existing in ScriptMaster 2, the new modules added to ScriptMaster 3 include:
* QuickTime Frame Capture - Capture a snapshot from an iSight camera or any other QuickTime-compatible video input
* Create AES Secret Key - Generates a secure key that can be used with the next 2 functions
* EncryptAES / DecryptAES - Uses the Rijndael AES encryption algorithm to encrypt data adhering to US Government standards to protect classified information
* Crop Image - Crops an image to specified coordinates
* Popup Menu - Takes a return-separated list of menu choices; returns the user's choice as the function result
* Zip File - Creates a .zip archive of a file or directory
* URLDecode - Compliments FileMaker's built-in GetAsURLEncoded function
* List All Files Recursively - Lists all files in a directory, including subdirectories
* Get File Size - Gets the size, in bytes, of a file on disk
* Get File Modification Date - Gets the date that a file was modified
* Better Random - Handles issues with FileMaker's built-in random number generator
* Validate XML - Performs a syntax check on an XML text to see whether it is well-formed
Other than regular FileMaker scripting, no programming is required to use the many free modules that are included with ScriptMaster. However, those developers familiar with Groovy and/or Java can write their own new ScriptMaster modules. These modules can receive any number of inputs, set any number of outputs, call FileMaker scripts, and access multiple FileMaker fields and calculations.
In addition to the many existing modules that come free with ScriptMaster, 360Works is available to create custom modules suited to specific needs. 360Works offers an educational ScriptMaster 3 video tutorial which outlines several of the new features and modules included in the latest version of ScriptMaster. For additional examples of ScriptMaster in use, please review Matt Petrowsky's video article, Combining PDFs - The Blazing Fast Method, at FileMakerMagazine, which details the 360Works ScriptMaster plugin being used with iText to combine PDF files.
Located in metro Atlanta, 360Works, a FileMaker Platinum Business Alliance member, has been providing FileMaker-based solutions for more than a decade. The company is a leading developer of both shrink-wrapped and custom FileMaker database design solutions for clients such as NASA, Bernard Hodes Group, US Marines, Make-A-Wish foundation and others. The company is credited for its forward-thinking solutions, dedication and unparalleled client service.