September 9, 2013 in Music and Recording (E)
[prMac.com] Sofia, Bulgaria - EMSI SOFT OOD is pleased to announce AltiChord 1.9 application for Mac OS X, a chord reference application for various stringed instruments like guitar, ukulele, mandolin or bouzouki. The application supports both simple and complicated chord types used in jazz music, including slash chords (Cm/G). Unlike alternative applications, AltiChord does not rely on a static chord database but generates the chord shapes on the fly; thus it can serve as a chord reference for instruments in nonstandard or custom tuning.
The structure of the shapes generated is highly customisable: both tonally (by specifying which intervals can be omitted from a chord) and physically (how many open and muted strings are allowed at most). The shapes can be filtered in different ways - by complexity or structure. It can also export charts to other applications.
Some Notable Features:
* Shows chord charts for various stringed instruments like guitar, bass, ukulele, mandolin or bouzouki
* Players can specify their own custom instrument tuning
* Has shape filtering icons for progressively adjusting the chord shape difficulty
* Supports left handed players
* Can play back individual chord shapes in three different styles
* Shows individual shapes in tablature notation
* Supports English (C D E F G A B) and German/European (C D E F G A H) notations
* Supports drag-and-drop of shapes to other applications
Entering chords is extremely easy - the user can either use the mouse to select the root and bass notes and chord type from lists or can type in the entire chord name using the keyboard. The chords are appended to a chord sequence (a song) and the chord shapes update immediately on the right, with each column corresponding to a chord in the song sequence. The musician can transpose the song with one click, chord charts updated accordingly.
* Mac OS X Lion (10.7) or later
* 64-bit Intel processor
* 15 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
AltiChord 1.9 is $19.99USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Music category. Promo codes are available on request.
Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, EMSI SOFT OOD is a small software development company that was founded in 2007 by Emil Vladov. It produces quality software for the Mac and iOS platforms. All Material and Software (C) 2012-2013 EMSI SOFT OOD / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.