September 16, 2013 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Bellevue, Washington - Eltima Software has announced the recent release of USB Network Gate 3 for Mac OS X. USB Network Gate allows you to work with remote USB devices from your local computer over Internet/LAN/WAN as if those devices were plugged in your machine directly. It is possible to share a USB device with remote computers no matter how far they are and let people all over the world use this device as if it were physically presented at their computers.
New version of USB Network Gate has a greatly improved sharing mechanism and application's speed and stability. It now has a network traffic compression to speed up interaction with devices and numerous new features:
* Completely redesigned UI and Apple's Retina displays support
* Support for USB 3.0 devices running on USB 3.0 ports
* Shared USB devices are now automatically detected by the client and are added to the list of available devices
* USB disks are now unmounted from Mac when being shared, to avoid "the disk was not ejected properly" warning, etc.
With USB Network Gate for Mac it is possible to:
* Connect remote devices to Mac over Ethernet, Internet, LAN, WAN
* Share USB device among multiple computers
* Use USB devices on virtual machines & blade servers
* Access USB over RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol)
* Share your device with anyone at any location
USB Network Gate is available for multiple OS types, which makes it possible to share USB devices over the network between Mac, Windows, and Linux computers.
Pricing and Availability:
USB Network Gate runs on Mac OS 10.7 and higher and costs $89.95 (USD) for sharing 1 USB device. Please note that USB Network Gate by Eltima is licensed according to the number of shared USB devices. Every server computer (where the device will be shared) requires a separate license. Client modules of USB Network Gate are free.
Eltima Software is a global software Development Company, specializing primarily in serial communication, mobile and flash software for Mac OS and Windows. Eltima Software delivers top-notch solutions having a friendly team of 40 professionals. Copyright (C) 2013 Eltima Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.