September 23, 2013 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Palo Alto, California - Locapalo Inc today is proud to announce the release of Instant Alert, their app that helps iPhone users "know things happening around you and reach out to people around you." InstantAlert is an open communication app with virtual "Alert Towers." You get tuned-in to those towers automatically anywhere you go. You can create your own towers and broadcast messages to people within its coverage.
* Neighbors: alert your neighbors to fight crime and to notify people when things happened
* Event organizers: tell your community when you have an event like block party, concerts, festival, carnival
* Local businesses: send special offers like daily special menu, discounts... to your local customers
* Mobile businesses like food trucks: notify your customers when you are in a neighborhood
InstantAlert also constantly gather data from public sources to delivery small but valuable messages for your daily life. It includes:
* Small crime incidents in your neighborhood like burglaries, arrest. We cover thousands of cities including all major metro area like New York, Los Angles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Houston, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Seattle, Denver, Charlotte, Miami, etc.
* Sex offenders in all zip codes of New York State, Texas, Ohio
* Food, drug, household item, car, and tire recalls from the FDA
* Weather alerts from the National Weather Service for more than 3000 counties in the US
* Public transit alerts for CTA in Chicago, BART in San Francisco, Metro in Los Angles, SEPTA in Philadelphia. Traffic incidents in Dallas and Forth Worth, TX
* The list will continue to grow
"We set out to make the most simple yet useful social tools for mobile users to be alerted and involved of what happening around them," commented company CEO, Minh Tran. "Working with our Instant Alert, I am convinced we have succeeded."
According to Minh Tran, Instant Alert works somehow like a a network of traditional radio towers. Users get to see relevant messages from local communities simply by being in the area. It is also very easy to use with no sign up form, nor sign in screen.
* iPhone compatible
* iOS 5.1 or later (iOS 7.0 tested)
* 3.2 MB
Instant Alert 1.0 is free and available in the US through the iTunes App Store in the Social Networking category.
Based in Palo Alto, California, Locapalo Inc is a mobile software company focused on creating superior applications for iOS and other mobile devices. The company was founded by long time mobile software veterans including founder of TranCreative LLC who developed award winning mobile apps with millions of users worldwide. Copyright (C) 2013 TranCreative LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.