September 27, 2013 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Hong Kong, Hong Kong - VCare Creation today is pleased to introduce Math Dory 1.0 for iOS, another in its series of interactive, edutainment apps for kids 4 to 8, which provides stimulating practice in basic arithmetic and logic. Math Dory includes features rarely seen in most similar apps, including: 7 categories of problems, 3 modes of operation, 3 - 8 difficulty settings for each category, personalized settings for 5 different kids, progress report sent to parent's email, multiple activities within each category, and randomly generated problems.
* Wide range of numbers covered (0 - 100) and range is customizable
* Covers 7 important math topics
* Up to 5 customizable profiles for parents with lots of kids
* Different activities in the same math topics, ensuring children will not get bored
* Learning mode for kids to learn a particular math topic
* Challenge mode sharpens your kids' skills by practicing selected topics within a time period
* Have Fun mode with more than 60 stickers for children to collect and play with
* Built-in reports for parents to review their children's performance
* All music in this app is originally composed with the aim to help children learn
Featuring Dory, the young, female dolphin, she reads each problem aloud and encourages kids to try again if they answer incorrectly. Dory is marine mammal, and all the math and logic problems in the app relate to the ocean in some way. So, when counting, adding, subtracting, and ordering kids drag fishes, shells, pearls, and beach blankets. There are always concrete examples used in problems, and kids never need to contend with math flash cards, containing only numbers. Dory acts as a companion and guide through all seven categories of problems in the app.
Seven Categories of Problems:
* Matching - drag to match items by color, shape, pattern, number, etc.
* Addition - solve simple equations involving two numbers by dragging addends or sums
* Counting - tap an object the correct number of times or drag the correct number of shapes
* Subtraction - solve simple equations involving two numbers by dragging subtrahends, minuends, or differences
* Pattern & Position - drag items into the correct empty position in a sequence, based on number, color, pattern, etc.
* Less & More - pick the longest and shortest objects; find the largest and smallest items; determine the item with the most or fewest of a characteristic, e.g., which sand castle has the most and fewest windows
* Sequence - drag to sort and order sea creatures, objects, and numbers
"Math Dory is nothing like typical math apps for kids," commented Vincent Choy of VCare Creation. "It goes beyond simple addition and subtraction, and helps teach kids how to think - how to analyze a problem."
* English, Japanese Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 46.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Math Dory 1.0 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available on request. Math Dory Lite Sampler is available free.
Based in Hong Kong, VCare Creation was founded by Vincent Choy in 2012. The company is a group of young and energetic professionals, who come from different backgrounds, including business administration, computer engineering, fashion design and mobile game design. They share the same belief that mobile devices are the best platform for children to learn skills and develop traits from playing and laughing. In addition, they are dedicated to producing high quality products in every aspect that can make their customers, children, and parents highly satisfied. The name VCare (pronounced as we-care) was chosen because they care about how parents use mobile devices as better tools in helping kids learn and enhance interpersonal relationships. Copyright (C) 2013 VCare Creation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.