October 10, 2013 in Productivity (F)
[prMac.com] Cedar Park, Texas - Web Information Solutions, announces the release, and immediate availability of, the latest update to their top-selling app, Pocket Informant Pro, an all-in-one solution for Calendar, Tasks, Notes and Contacts. This update brings major enhancements, including a brand new "first-user experience" that allows new customers to see and experience top features within the app, all while setting it up for their personal use.
Pocket Informant Pro has been a trusted and popular app since it's introduction, appealing to those who wish to see everything about their day in one location, have the ability to customize how that information is shown, and have access to several reputable sources to sync their important data.
This latest update expands upon the previous one, offering improved use of the new iOS 7 interface, plus major function updates.
There are four major specific areas of improvement:
*Brand New "First-User" Experience
This is a simplified and unified tutorial/setup that walks a new customer through the major features of the app, and allows the customer to not only see the features, but to experience them as well. All of this is accomplished in a very clear and concise way, taking only a few moments, but providing crucial information that will allow for a more full-bodied use of the app.
For some time now customers have had the ability to select from several different "themes" that change the background colors and look of Pocket Informant Pro. This update moves the themes to more of an iOS 7 specific look, and even offers colors specially designed to match the new iPhone 5C.
Right Aligned Times
You can now see the times for Events and Tasks listed to the right of the title in both Month and Week views. This allows you to see pertinent information without clicking on the item itself.
Clickable URL Links For Locations
You can now have location links as well as phone numbers attached to your events and tasks, allowing for one-tap access to directions or phone calls. This was a major addition to this update, and is planned to be expanded upon in future releases.
Full Update List:
* Redesigned colored themes for iOS 7 including new themes for the new iPhone Color series
* Added option to show Week/Month times on the right
* A brand new "first user" experience
* Locations in Events/Tasks now support clickable phone numbers and URLs
* Using the Calendar Filter we now show the word "Filtering" so its clear you are in a calendar filter
* Improved the ETA look and behavior on iOS 7
* Improved terminology of iOS Events/Reminders
* Improved logic of a task with a start date, no due date, and recurring based on completion date
* Improved some NLP behaviors
* Improved iOS 7 background fetch handling of no network
* Improved some diagnostic behaviors
* Improved the sorting of iPhone/iPad Calendar Calendar filter
* Improved startup password screen logic
* Improved multi-line text logic for iOS 7
* Improved interface of large databases that require an erase local sync
* Resolved an upgrade issue where note images would fail to display
* Potentially resolved an issue with Outlook and Reminders on iOS 7
* Resolved an issue where on iPhone you could not add photos to a note
* Resolved the cursor not showing up on iOS 7 in the search/filter text box
* Resolved an issue with all day events showing icon even if you had that option off in Day View
* Resolved the iPad Date shortcut popover using themes on iOS 7
* Resolved an issue with sync accounts would fail to sync after upgrading from iOS 6 in most cases
* Resolved Smart Filter on iOS 7 iPad issues
* Resolved issue where a smart filter based on relative dates wouldn't properly update itself after a day change
* Resolved Evernote sync issues
* Resolved bug in GTask Sync Options: the "Sync Meta Data in Notes" option was not being presented to PI Pro users, as it should be
*Resolved sync issues with upgrading to iOS 7
*Resolved issues with upgrading to PI 3.0 from PI 2.x on iOS 7
*Resolved a problem picking bookmarks in the Live Location search
*Resolved an issue where on iOS 7 completed tasks on Week/Month would not display
*Resolved Franklin Covey Priority view on iOS 7
*Resolved a duplicate header in some cases when grouping by date in tasks
*Resolved the Map Location Picker on Landscape/iPad/iOS 7
*Resolved Landscape Contacts Carousel on iOS 7 iPhone
*Resolved an issue where setting alarms on iOS reminders would cause alarms to be set for X minutes after the due date rather than before
*Resolved issue with our internal web browser not properly displaying web pages under navbar on iOS 7
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* This app is optimized for iPhone 5
* 23.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pocket Informant Pro 3.2.1 is $12.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Headquartered in Cedar Park, Texas, WebIS, Inc. is a privately funded Corporation founded in 1997 by Alex Kac. WebIS has focused on the Mobile PDA and Smartphone market since August of 2001 and quickly rose to become one of the top ten developers by sales for mobile devices shortly thereafter. WebIS is a group of people dedicated to providing quality products, which meet the highest standards, to improve our customers' lives. They have a reputation for innovative, well-planned, and usable design, striving always to do the right thing. They are a dynamic and fluid company, which allows them to make decisions not bound to rigid policy. Copyright (C) 2013 WebIS, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.