October 12, 2013 in Announcements (F)
[prMac.com] Craiova, Romania - Stand By Soft is pleased to announce the release of RationalPlan version 4.6. RationalPlan is a project management software that puts the accent on productivity, ease of use and fast learning. Current version comes to support this ideology by offering the possibility to easily reschedule the project. More than that the integration with SkyDrive storage service offers increased collaboration and productivity.
RationalPlan is a project management software that was designed to help different types of users starting with newbie project managers, continuing with users that need an environment to handle multiple projects and up to companies that need a distributed solution with concurrent access.
Important changes for this version:
* Added the possibility to generate project invoices
* Automatically reschedule uncompleted tasks
* SkyDrive storage service integration
* Added the possibility to roll up tasks
* Documents management module
* Added the option to remember usernames and passwords when working with RationalPlan Server product
* Better integration with Microsoft Project
* Improved administration area within the RationalPlan Cloud solution
At users request it was added the possibility to generate project invoices. Hence it became a must to have the possibility to manage company's financial details like tax ID and tax rate. And since RationalPlan customers come from different locations on the globe with world-wide clients it was also added the possibility to apply the tax rate only for certain clients.
Sometimes a project can be put on hold for various reasons. But when it resumes the initial plan is not valid anymore except for the already executed tasks. In this situation a reschedule is required starting from a new reference date. This is now possible in RationalPlan. Already completed tasks will remain at the initial location, while partially completed tasks will get splitted and rescheduled along with the uncompleted ones.
After Google Drive and Dropbox storage integration in version 4.4, RationalPlan continued with SkyDrive storage integration. Users can now manage their projects without worrying if their data is safe on their local hard-drives. All they need to do is to keep their files stored on any of the above three storage hosting solutions.
When working with large projects that even contain subprojects there are moments when users might need to see an overall view of the schedule. A roll up action is a useful feature as it allows users to collapse phases and at the same time to see the details that reside within in a more compact form. The roll up feature is available when working with Gantt Charts.
Working with documents is almost a must for any domain. For any kind of work there has to be some sort of documentation that needs to be stored in one location for future reference. When working with the web management solution from RationalPlan (either as On Premise or within the Cloud) users have the possibility to keep they documents in one central location and handle them within the documents management module.
While working with the On Premise solution users can now have the possibility to save their credentials so they do not have to login every time. Also the username gets display in the title of the client application when connected.
The integration with Microsoft Project was improved: 2013 .mpp files have an increased success rate when opened. Some problems were also fixed regarding .mpx files. However this is a deprecated format that users should avoid using.
A new feature within the administration area of the Cloud solution was added that displays users statistics with details regarding the storage.
RationalPlan suite includes:
* RationalPlan Single Project - an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
* RationalPlan Multi Project - project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
* RationalPlan Project Viewer - free project management software viewer, the solution for anyone (from project stakeholders to team workers) to view projects details
* RationalPlan Project Server - a centralized place to manage the company's projects while offering concurrent access to different users
Stand By Soft was founded in 2003 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management software that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. It has been developed to help small and middle sized companies to plan and manage their projects. Our goal is to make the process of planning projects as short and as straightforward as possible, guiding novice project managers through each step but offering enough tools to those more experienced. Copyright (C) 2013 Stand By Soft. All Rights Reserved.