November 1, 2013 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] San Bruno, California - Selosoft, Inc. today introduces Running Quest, an upcoming game for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. To accompany the announcement of Running Quest is a promotional video trailer highlighting the premise of the game and showcasing some in-game footage.
Running Quest is an Endless Runner / Action-RPG Hybrid with some meat on its bones. The game features unique battle and level systems, and some very cool armor, weapons and abilities. The game is optimized for next-gen devices and features stunning high quality graphics and effects.
The game's story centers around a rogue named Nimus, a traitor who betrays his fellowship and steals an artifact known as The Stone of Shattered Planes. The stone is a key that can be used to open a distant world. In this world exists a horde of monsters and Nimus wishes to unleash this horde upon the land of Agarom and all of its inhabitants. As a member of this fellowship it is your job to catch your friend turned foe and stop him before he can unleash doom upon your world.
You can play as either Sting or Lioness. Each player has different armor sets and weapons they can upgrade throughout the game. Sting wields a large 2-handed sword / axe and Lioness wields 2 daggers / short swords.
You will run and fight your way through 4 different worlds:
1. The Land of Agarom - A land of green hills, trees and castles galore. You will encounter some of Nimus' henchman: Mercenaries who will stop at nothing to keep you from catching their master. Also, beware the dragons!
2. The Goblin Swamp - The muddy waters and huts of this world are inhabited by the Goblins and several swamp monsters including Hydras and Carnivorous plants. Take caution along the splitting paths and be sure to touch up on your rope swinging skills.
3. The Land of Clocks and Gnomes - A mythical land where Nimus' intellect might get the best of you. His mechanical followers will charge, slam and throw everything they can to stop you in your path.
4. The Factory - In a maze of dimly lit tunnels you will run for the battle of your life. Can you take back the warrior's stone of shattered planes?
* iPhone 4S,5,5C,5S, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2/3/4/Air, iPad Mini 1 and 2
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all compatible iOS devices
Running Quest is scheduled to be released sometime in early 2014.
Based in San Bruno, California, Selosoft, Inc. was founded by Sterling Selover in 2012. Selosoft, Inc. is a software company focusing on mobile game development for the iPhone and Android Platforms. Copyright (C) 2013 Selosoft, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.