November 26, 2013 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Milano, Italy - Password Repository is the OS X native app to manage all your passwords and all the related data in a safe way on your Mac.
Password Repository for OS X, is compatible with the corrispettive version for iOS on iTunes and any document created with Password Repository 3 on a Mac, can be transferred via iTunes and used on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad without any changes
Password Repository it's a document based app and allows you to manage an unlimited numbers of documents, any containing how many password records (records related data) you like. Any document you create is protected by a 'Master Password' with AES-256 encryption algorithm, using the latest native Cocoa libraries by Apple.
A Password Repository document has a simple layout and is based on a 'Master and Detail' interface, with a list of records on the left and a detail of the selected record on the right. Simplicity and easy of use is one of the key feature of Password Repository but it can satisfy also the power user.
For any record you can insert at any moment:
* Category (you can create a list of Categories and any record has one associated)
* Name (to identify it)
* Url (the web site where you use this password if needed)
* Account (if you are identified by an account)
* User ID (how you login or are recognized here)
* Password (the password used)
* Email (the email you used to at this place to register yourself)
* Note (a free text area with additional notes you want to have)
Categories inside the document are defined by a colored label that you can customize. Changing the aspect of a category changes the label for all the associated records, inside the document. Customized colored categories are a distinctive elements of Password Repository and users love it!
With categories, browsing your passwords, you have a subdivision of your data 'by color' very easy to manage from the first day of use.
Automatic visualization for any record of creation data, modification data and how many time the record was accessed (useful to sort records by use and see your most 'accessed' passwords in a single shot).
All the records can be sorted, arranged, filtered and displayed as you like. To sort records just click in the header of the table. To filter just type in the search field, data is filtered as-you-type.
The windows remember how you positioned and arranged it and you will find it as you positioned it the last time.
Any data can be copied with a single click. The url can be opened with a click too. Passwords can be visualized or showed by a series of dot.
Document can be auto locked after a specified time of inactivity in background (it will require the Master Password protecting the document, to access the data inside).
For data security the user has to switch from view mode to edit mode to change data inside the document.
Full support of undo adding and removing records and categories. Fully customization of the master table, the user can visualize only the columns he likes.
You can set Password repository in the preferences to always open at startup the document you prefer, containing all your main passwords. In that way you can use it as a utility app, still having for when you need it, the full power of a true document based app.
Data exchange with other apps. Password Repository has import and export functions that let you customize anything and make it in this field one of the best of the category. You can import and export using comma separated value and tab separated values
Password Repository has Push&Pull!
With Push&Pull is a simple and effective way to use userId/password on the web without plug inn or additional software that can introduce complexity and security/compatibility problems.
With Push&Pull when you want to go to a website listed in one of your record where you have to use your userID/password:
* Simply click the Push&Pull button, and automatically your default browser opens to the requested site. At that point you don't need to come back to Password Repository
* You already have your userId in your clipboard, so you paste it in the 'user' field, then, still staying inside your browser, you have a new small icon placed in the menu bar (in the right part) placed by Password Repository which is in background
* Still from your browser, click that icon (and the password is copied in your clipboard) and paste the icon in the 'password' field inside your browser
If you try it you will see it's great and it really works as you expect!
* Push & Pull for user Id/Password (do it all with a single click)
* Data protection of all your data inside the document using AES-256 powerful encryption algorithm
* If you upgrade form an older version full compatibility with your previous documents
* Fast to open documents thanks to the native implementation we use for the encryption mechanism
* Safe and stable. Password Repository 3 uses all the latest Apple technology to manage your data
* Password Repository 3 is document based. You can manage and move how many documents you like
* Password generator inside to create new password in the format you need.
* Resume, Auto Save, Versions, all supported
* Import and Export of data in a very customizable way
* Includes a full User Guide in PDF
* OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or successive
* 5.5 MB
Tension Software develops software for Mac OS X and iOS using the latest Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. Other brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Copyright (C) 2013 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.