November 28, 2013 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Milano, Italy - DB-Text 1.3 for OS X, the tool to import, edit and manage text files with data by rows and columns.
Tension Software announces DB-Text 1.3. DB-Text is a general use tool to open and edit data in text format on OS X. Text format is the most used way to distribute data organized by rows and columns.
DB-Text is able to open import, edit and manage text data organized by rows and columns in a more practical and effective way then any text editor.
DB-Text can import data both in CSV (comma separated value) text format or in TSV (tab separated value) text format coming from Windows, Unix and OS X. It can automatically recognize the used format analyzing the content inside.
Data can be manipulated and exported as text (as CSV, TSV, html or custom format selecting separators and other tags) or saved inside a native DB-Text document
DB-Text is a must have for any user that manipulates data text files. It can enlarge or shrink all the columns in a single step from the toolbar. It allows to move and adjust columns as the user needs. It allows to save a lot of time doing in a proper way text data manipulation with a tool designed for the purpose with features a text editor can't match.
* Import from any document via drag and drop
* Import dialog that let you select for any column (field) where to import
* Popup inside the import dialog to specify field destinations
* Data browsing before import inside the import dialog
* Optional 'Use first row as header'
* Fast opening creating a new column table for any text column in the file
* Import more then one time inside a document with a great Mac interface to specify where to add data in a pre-existing table
* Manipulation of data easy and intuitive
* Columns can be moved at any time as the user needs
* Edit in place for any data
* Sort and filter with a click inside the document
* Copy of CSV (comma separated) or TSV (tab separated) data of selected rows in the clipboard
* Assign at any time the content of a row as column header
* Saves also in native format
* Document based for a better data management
* Add delete columns and rows at any time with a click
* Edit column accessory view to see how your data are organized (useful if you have a lot of columns data)
* Export dialog that let you select from which fields to export and in which order
* Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Full screen.
It requires minimum Mac OS X 10.8 Lion
DB-Text is fully Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
New in this release:
* Drag and Drop importing, files imported also simply dropping them on document windows
* Now can move database columns as the user prefers
* Improved layout
* Improved import from large files
* Improved CSV format import, handling also files with mixed use of quotes to include fields
* Now can export in html table and full html page with table embedded
* Can export also in custom formats where the user can specify data separators and more
* Can copy selected rows into the clipboard now also in html format
Pricing and Availability:
DB-Text is available both from the App Store and from the company web site.
Price for DB-Text is $6.99 (USD) from the App Store. An unlicensed copy can be downloaded to test from the company web site.
Tension Software started in 1997 developing Mac software for Mac OS Classic. Now Tension Software still develops Mac software for Mac OS X using the last Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All the current Mac production is made by Universal Applications native on both PPC Mac and Intel Mac. Other brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Copyright (C) 2013 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.