December 10, 2013 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Vancouver, Canada & Dublin, Ireland - Castro users subscribe to their favorite podcasts quickly and stay up to date as new episodes are published. Episodes can be streamed or downloaded for offline listening. Castro has a full screen, gesture-based interface that puts content front and center.
Castro is a modern and unique podcast client. A minimal user interface and simple, well thought out settings make it easy to use. A true iOS 7 inspired design puts a fresh spin on established conventions for apps in this genre.
* A revolutionary user interface, designed exclusively for iOS 7
* The episodes tab makes it easy to find the latest episodes of all your podcasts
* An innovative audio scrubber, optimised for podcast listening
* Takes advantage of iOS 7's background features to keep your podcasts fully updated, even when you're not in the app
* Automatic downloads and smart storage management
* Simple, easy to use settings
* Turn on news mode to keep only the most recent episode of frequently updated podcasts. Great for frequently updated podcasts
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* This app is optimized for iPhone 5
* 4.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Castro is available from 4pm GMT, December 10th 2013 on the App Store at the special launch price of just $2.99 USD/ Euro2.69 /1.99. Castro is designed for iPhone and iPod touch and requires iOS 7.
A limited number of promo codes are available to members of the media. Journalists interested in receiving one should contact Supertop.
Supertop is Padraig Kennedy and Oisin Prendiville, based in Vancouver and Dublin. As well as Castro they make Tokens, a Mac app that helps developers manage App Store promo codes. Copyright (C) 2013 Supertop. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.